Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Go to song in playlist

Solved!

Go to song in playlist

Plan Premium

Country USA

Device

Samsung Galaxy 9

Operating System

Android

Spotify version 8.6.82.1113

My Question or Issue

I don't know if I use Spotify differently than others or how it was designed to be used, but I like to find playlists of songs I want to listen to and throw them into my own play list. I don't really follow other artists or their playlists, just add to my own. So I have play lists that are really large. Probably the largest being 99 hours of music. So, when I'm randomly listening to songs in there, and I don't like one and want to remove it from the PLAYLIST, not necessarily the NOW PLAYING list, it's VERY hard to find that song in the play list. It would be nice if I could go to the song I'm playing but in the play list I used to populate the now playing list and remove it from play list. The problem is I can scroll through the giant play list and look for the one highlighted green and after minutes of scrolling, never find it. I could easily miss it as I scroll, plus it takes forever.  

So, am I using Spotify wrong, or is this a totally valuable feature request? I don't know why this is not listed in the community already. I have reasons why I organize my music the way I do and have little intention of changing it unless someone can explain a good reason.

33 Replies

so can you teach me how to do this on a pc....it used to work months ago but does not anymore.

Hey folks,

Thank you for your messages.

The option to click on the small album art to be taken to the song's position in a playlist is no longer working as it now opens the Now Playing View in the right panel. However, this function is still available in the desktop app. 

To go to the song's position in a playlist, you just need to open the Now Playing View and click on the playlist title above the enhanced album art in the right panel. If you click it twice or more, you'll be taken to the top of the playlist instead.

Keep also in mind that this doesn’t work with songs that are manually added to the queue, since those are not part of the playlist.

Hope this helps. If you have any additional questions, the Community will be here for you. 

OscarDCModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

I've just tried this on two different desktop apps and clicking on the playlist link only takes me to the playlist - this is really not helpful when the playlist has 1000s of songs! It was much preferred to click the album art rather than the 'now playing' - I know that as I'm listening to it...

"To go to the song's position in a playlist, you just need to open the Now Playing View and click on the playlist title above the enhanced album art in the right panel. If you click it twice or more, you'll be taken to the top of the playlist instead.”

1. On the iphone there is no “right panel.” When I hold the phone vertically everything is stacked and there’s no right or left. There’s up and down.
2. Clicking on the playlist title above the album art brings me immediately to the top of the playlist in question. Not to the song.
3. It’s not possible to click on the playlist title more than once because you are immediately brought to the playlist. No chance to click twice.

Can you help with this ongoing problem?

MY GOAL: While listening to a song in a playlist I’d like to click somewhere in the interface and be brought to that song, highlighted in green, in the list.

Thanks!

Hey folks,

Thank you for your messages.

If this workaround is not working for you, we'd recommend performing a clean reinstall of the app by following the steps in this article as this process will replace all damaged files from previous versions and ensure you're running the latest version of the app. @nikmills keep in mind that this process is just for the Desktop app and not for the iPhone.

So in order to continue investigating this behavior, could any of you record a short video where we can take a better look at the behavior you're getting when clicking the playlist title? You can attach it to your next response by using the Insert Video option in the post editor. You can also upload it to YouTube or Google Drive and share the link with us (make sure the video has the permissions for anyone to see it).

Lastly, include in your next response the OS version of your PC, along with the Spotify version you're currently running.

We'll be on the lookout.

OscarDCModerator

This works when I click on the playlist name in the right panel the first time -- it will jump to the exact position in the playlist. However, if I click the playlist name again (for the second time), it will jump to the top of the playlist. Clicking the name playlist name again (for the third time), will not jump back to the exact position.

Hi @joechung1982,

Thanks for the reply. That's true, this is how the app behaves currently. If you want to go back to the playlist positions again, you can go back once and then click the title again once. This will take you to the desired spot once again.

Hope this helps.

JoanModerator

The only way I found to go to the song that is playing on Windows is to go to "Search in Playlist" put the name of the actual song, double click (in the blank space) between the song name and the album, and quickly exit the search bar. It will hopefully take you to the current song.

That would be a nice. That would be great. Can you put that in the suggestion box so that it will happen on iphone 13? Thank you.

hmm, or maybe I should just give spotiamp another try...

hey!
This feature is broken (again!!) since info panel has been introduced!

Clicking on the cover brings the info panel, and on the cover goes to the original album.
How do you get to the current playlist playing??

yeah someone needs to revert the commit that removed this feature

please fix this, I tried reinstalling Spotify like has been offered above and it still didn't help, I'm using this feature on a daily basis

Click on the list name on the right column name.
Just figured this out today and it is not a user friendly UI for PC now.  It used to be, ugh.

Suggested posts