Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

HELP- MY ALBUMS WONT DOWNLOAD !

HELP- MY ALBUMS WONT DOWNLOAD !

As an avid music listener, my spotify is a sacred place. but recently it won't let me download new albums, it just says 'waiting to download'. I have a premium account, so it would normally let me download albums. and I've got loads of storage left. Trust me I've done lots of research on how to try and fix this problem. and dont tell me to log out then back in cause the last time i did that, it undownloaded  every single album on my account, then i spend hours downloading hundreds of albums again. please help me, cause not being able to listen to some of my music is causing major anxiety plus on top of all of that theres a pandemic. thank you! 

Screenshot_20200512-055644_Spotify.jpg

Plan

Premium

Country

UK

Device

Samsung

Operating System

Android 

My Question or Issue

Music won't download 

1 Reply

Hey @chloe1409,

Thanks for reaching out about this here in the Community.

Are you using an SD card with your Samsung device by any chance? If you're using one, make sure it's not formatted as 'Internal' memory since formatting an SD Card to be used as Internal memory (called 'Adoptable Storage') creates issues with the Spotify cache and, as a consequence, might have have an impact on the download process.

Also, it'd be helpful to confirm that the Spotify app has all the required permissions on your phone and is white-listed for any battery-saver or cache-cleaner apps or tools.

If you still experience what you reported after trying these steps, would you mind logging in to your Spotify account using a different device to see if the issue can be reproduced? This will help us confirm whether the issue is related to the account or the device.

Let us know how you get on. We'll look out for your reply and are available to help with anything else as well!

Mario Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts