Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

How do I add my favorite morning podcasts to a Playlist ?

(not an episode, the podcast, so I get the latest episode) 

Hello! 

I just recently started trying out using podcasts on Spotify, but I can't get it to work. 

My use case is simple and common: I want a morning Playlist of my favorite news shows. Latest news episodes, etc.

I don't have time each morning to sit and create a new Playlist. 

I don't want a Spotify created Playlist with alot of odd music, annoying intros and what not (no "drive", please). I am paying, I want to be able to decide what podcasts and in what order (important!) to listen to them. 

It feels like the podcast functionality is galf baked. I hope it becomes complete soon, I really think it is a wonderful idea to have everything in one place. 

Br! /Marcus 

Plan

/Premium

Country

Device

Sony xperia, dell, hp, etc

Android, windows 10, linu

Operating System

Android, windows 10, linux

My Question or Issue

4 Replies

Hi @chipbite,

Thank you for posting on the Community. 

If we understand correctly, you'd like a function that gives you an auto generated daily playlist with the latest episodes of your favorite shows.

Unfortunately, at the moment this doesn't exist. However, other users have asked for this through this idea. You can support it by adding your +VOTE and clicking on Subscribe in the three-dots menu in the top right corner next to the title. That'll make sure you stay up-to-date with any relevant updates about this. It’s also worth knowing that the higher the number of votes an idea gets, the more likely it is for the idea to be implemented. 

We always take new ideas and feedback into consideration to improve the app. Here you can read more on how ideas work.

Hope this helps. Let us know if you have any questions.  

MafeGModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Hi @MafeG! Thanks for your reply and info.

No, actually, I was not after a playlist that is autogenerated. That sounds a bit more like a variation on "drive", which is already there. I want an automatically updated/refreshed track for a podcast, that I add to a playlist.

@chipbite wrote:

(not an episode, the podcast, so I get the latest episode) 

I want to be able to create a playlist myself - not autogenerated. I will add a music tracks I like to that playlist, ofc.

Then, the new thing: I want to be able to  add podcasts (not episodes) in a few different set places in the playlist, so that I get the latest episode of each podcast I add. 

So the feature is the ability to add a special podcast entry to a playlist. When a new episode is published for any podcast I have added to the playlist in that way, that latest episode is the one that is played in that spot in the playlist. So the entry will be "latest episode of this podcast" entry, call it podcast-latest (or actually dont, let some actually good BA/PM/PO figure out a good story and term for this use case).

Re downloaded playlists, ofc: If the playlist is a downloaded playlist, then: Anytime a new episode podcast is published for any of the podcasts in that downloaded playlist, spotify downloads the latest episode and replaces the previous one. Maybe obvious, but just for clarity.

Example:

Playlist: "Morning Slow Run 3", tracks:

1: Parallel 7, Four Tet

2: Not really, Rival Consoles

3: Ekot (dagliga), Sveriges Radio

4: Ekonomiekot, Sveriges Radio

5: Ekot (senaste), Sveriges Radio

6: More music tracks

7: WSJ Minute briefing

8: More music tracks

So tracks 3,4,5 & 7 are special "podcast-latest" tracks, that automatically point to the latest episode / download the latest episode of the podcast.

Its an idea! Is my description more clear?

BR! /marcus

Hey @chipbite,

Thanks for your reply and clarification.

We're afraid this isn't possible at the moment, as podcast shows can't be added to playlists - only individual episodes. However, this sounds like a very good idea, so we suggest adding it to our Ideas board so other users can add their vote and show their support. You can find the steps to submit a new idea in this article.

Hope this helps. If you have any questions, the Community is here for you.

Cheers!

CarlosEModerator

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

This is really a must-have feature. I listen to news podcasts that are between 5 and 10 minutes each episode. After the newest episode is played, it jumps to the oldest, which is in some cases 5 years old. So I need to manually search for the next news podcast every five minutes while driving in the car. And even that is cumbersome and many clicks and scrolls (not what you want to do while driving). It is insane that this is not possible. Who wants to create playlists of 5 minutes episodes? Especially when 2 to 4 new episodes get published every day. Totally usless functionality. I need a list of shows that consecutively play the latest episode.

Suggested posts