Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

How do I get Spotify to learn my music preferences on single station?

How do I get Spotify to learn my music preferences on single station?

How do I accomplish this?

I would like 1 station or playlist. Within this I would like to load my favorite artists names and then have Spotify populate with relevant songs and to also suggest songs and other artists that I may like.

By liking and disliking the songs, Spotify will fine tine this playlist more and more.

I would have a single playlist that would have multiple genres suck as a mix of 80's rock, chill, rap. But they were all from my favorite artists mostly.

Slacker radio would do this which is now Live X Live and learn my preferences. But there are too many technically difficulties I experience with their platform and I would like to move over to Spotify if it can do the same.

3 Replies

Hey there, good question!

Spotify learns from your listening habits and then shows you suggestions and personalized playlists. I understand that you want playlists that are more tailored to your tastes (please correct me if I am wrong). To do that, there is no such feature in the app at the moment but there are third-party tools that can help you do much more.

I cannot mention multiple such tools but here is one that might be what you need: Chosic

You can find more tools by just searching on Google or trying r/Spotify

Hope that helps, let me know if you have any other questions! And of course, you can vote for an existing similar idea here or create a new one.

AmayySpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Is this correct?

After playing around with Spotify, it would appear I can create a new playlist, then add songs to that playlist.

If I turn on "enhanced" Spotify will add similar songs that I like to my playlist.  Songs that I don't like can be deleted and Spotify appears to learn this way?

Isn't this the same as a playlist (station) that learns my music tastes and adds to it as time goes on with the "enhanced" feature and by me liking and deleting certain songs?

Good find! Though not similar, you can use the enhanced feature as well. To know more about what it does, make sure to read this announcement. And yes, the enhanced feature is based on your listening habits as well.

Let me know if you need anything else.

AmayySpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts