Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

How do I prevent or block certain podcasts from being recommended?

How do I prevent or block certain podcasts from being recommended?

Plan

Premium

Country

Australia

Operating System

Windows 10

My Question or Issue

How do I prevent or block certain podcasts from being recommended? I'm sick of seeing the higher ground podcast everywhere on Spotify and want to get rid of it.

12 Replies

Hey @freddycrabs, thanks for reaching out to the Community!

I am afraid this isn’t possible right now. If this is something you’d like to see in the future, you can always create a new Idea about this following these steps.

I hope you’ll find this useful. Don’t hesitate to reach out if you need anything else!

Billy-JSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Annoying that I get michelle obama s podcast shoved down my throat.  No way to block or remove. 

I completely agree. I've never used Spotify for podcasts, yet every time I'm on my home screen I see Michelle Obama recommended constantly, no others like Joe Rogan, whos podcast I actually watch/listen too. Come on guys, mix it up a bit! How about promoting the smaller podcasts too there are some amazing litterally and educational casters out there, give them the spotlight for a while. 

Also (but unrelated) what's the point of having the ability to download music for offline play if you (Spotify) are going to stop it playing after ten minutes. Smh. 

My issue is with voice commands and similar sounding titiles.

Every morning I ask Google Home to play "Your Daily Drive"

Worked great.  Then...and now...I get "Guy's Daily Drive" podcast.

Now, Guy's podcast is actually something I might be interested in...but I really want the Spotify playlist when I ask for it.

this is cr ap, they say "im sorry thats not a thing rn but vote and it mighT!" It NEVER DOES  AND I KEEP SEEING A BAD POCAST I DONT WaNT TO GET IN trouble BUT I KEEP SEEING IN MY SHORT CUTS AND I NEVER HEARD IT :c (I Never watched/heard in bed wth nikky :C(I Never watched/heard in bed wth nikky :C

Very frustrating for me too! I have nothing against the Obamas, but I'm so tired of seeing advertisements for their podcasts every time I open the app. Seriously considering moving back to Apple Music, even though it is an inferior service.

Yeah it's messed up how you can block artists and hide songs but I can't get rid of the podcast I pressed by accident from my home page

Hey folks,

Thanks for sharing your thoughts.

Other users would also like to option to add/remove content from their landing screen. You can show your support to the Idea here.

The status Not Right Now simple means that this is not something that will be deployed in the next update, however ideas can still gather traction and be implemented in upcoming releases of the app.

Hope this helps. Don't hesitate to reach out again if you've got questions.

AlexModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

I would like to block the Joe Rogan podcast from being recommended.

I listened to ONE podcast & now it’s considered part of My Shows…. And i can’t find any way to remove it off my Home Screen. I’ve checked and I’m not even following the podcast. It doesn’t show up on my podcast list either just only on my homepage it’s so **bleep**ing annoying. I don’t wanna keep seeing “call her daddy” it literally pisses me off every time i open my app. I want to block it or remove it or someone please just take it off for me. 

5E4038A8-99B9-4844-998B-AC1C8CA3D49C.png

also, if the algorithm decided they wanted to add 'break up songs' to the shortcuts, it could give somebody's partner the wrong idea...

Hey folks!

Going forward, we'd like to refer you to the Idea Exchange in the Community for any further feedback you might have, where you can either vote for an existing idea or you can submit your own idea.

Here are a few existing ideas we were able to find which we thought were relevant to your feedback:

Cheers!

VasilModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts