Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

How do I stop Spotify from adding songs to my playlists ?

How do I stop Spotify from adding songs to my playlists ?

I have a free Spotify account I’m using an iPhone and I want to stop Spotify from adding music to my playlists. I’ve ended up with more songs put on my playlists from Spotify than I put there. It sucks and I want to disable it permanently is that possible.
3 Replies

Hey there,

Thank you for reaching out here in the Community.

If the Spotify app is in a free tier on a mobile and if you have less than 15 songs on your playlist (for example Liked songs playlist), the app will automatically add similar songs to make the playlist longer. To prevent this, you just need to hit the heart icon (♥) on the tracks you love to add them to your Liked songs and replace the recommendations.

Here are couple of ideas submitted by other Spotify users which I think you'll find interesting, so be sure to check them out:

Make sure you leave a +Vote to support it, so that it would have a better chance of being considered, as Spotify always strives to improve your experience. 

You'll also find all the relevant info about our Idea Exchange and how the Community feedback gets implemented here if you'd like to know more about the topic.

Cheers! 

LyubkaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

I have more than 15 songs.  It's still adding other songs to my playlist.  This app is awful

Hi there @user-removed

Thanks for the post.

Can you let us know if you're on Spotify Premium or on the free service, and if you an see any additional icons on the songs which are automatically added to your playlist?

Cheers.

AlexModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts