Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

How do I turn off the ai dj

How do I turn off the ai dj

The ai dj aromatically turned on but I don't want it, does anyone know how to get rid of it?
240 Replies

Hey there,

Thanks for posting in the Community and welcome.

In this case, we'd like to add some insights. Listening to DJ only happens when you press play. To listen, you just need to head to Home, click on the DJ card and press play (you can also find it in your Library). If you don't want to use the feature, you just need to press stop, exit out of it, or hit play on another track, playlist, podcast or audiobook. That way you won't listen to the DJ.

Hope this clears things up. If you have any questions or need anything else, the Community is here for you.

AlejaRModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

Hello AlejaR, 

I enjoy the mix of songs the dj feature plays but I'd like the ability to turn off the periodic narration (e.g. I don't want the dj to "talk", just play music). I'm not a fan of the dj talking between tracks sometimes, it kills the vibe and makes me feel like I'm listening to a radio station (I got spotify to listen to music, not hear djs talk). 

Hey @Warspur,

We appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback as it helps us improve our service. We've made sure to forward it to the relevant team.

If there's anything else, don't hesitate to reach out again.

MihailYModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Yeah, the overly chatty voice is annoying. If I wanted that, I'd listen to over-the-air radio.

There NEEDS to be an option to turn the DJ commentary on and off. I like the feature, but having to sit through all the talking is a deal-breaker.

I would like an option to disable the AI fully. I hate anything AI related.

Seriously, I hate this thing and want to get rid of it completely. 

This is bs why do I have to listen to some AI DJ and not be able to turn off. I pay for a reason. Turns this s**bleep** off. 

Me too, I want a complete opt out. I don't want it to even 'think' about my playlists or analyze them.

So there is no way to get rid of this feature or turn it off? 

Plan

Free/Premium

Country

Device

(iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016)

Operating System

(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)

My Question or Issue

I want to completely disable this feature immediately, I don't want an ai to "fine tune" my music for me. It paused a song and started talking in the middle of it, then completely changed the album I was listening to out of nowhere, I hate it so much.

Exactly, I pay for premium. Why am I having my music being interrupted by an AI voice, and why do I have to have my music "curated for me", just let me listen to my damn music.

I want this feature gone too.

If I can't get rid of it, I'll get rid of spotify.  

I’m already looking for alternatives 

I created a playlist for my students to listen to in the classroom. I don't know why it keeps deviating from the playlist. Hopefully it is just a systems glitch and the ai dj.

One day this "AI" DJ shows up out of nowhere and starts blabbing about how great it's gonna be for me to be FORCED to go back to what I tried to get away from when I PAID for Spotify. I will be cancelling my subscription ASAP. I guess there's no such thing as on-demand streaming anymore.

I so agree. I left satellite music because I got fed up with listening to chatty nonsense; I just want music. Now Spotify all of a sudden thinks it's "progress" to add worthless speech to their platform. I'm okay with using the AI to create another "channel" for me with songs I might like (but if I hear one rap or hip-hop song I'll stop using it). I'm not okay with anyone or anything talking.

Suggested posts