NEXT STEP

How long does it take to alter my release radar

How long does it take to alter my release radar

Plan

Premium

Country

Switzerland

My Question or Issue

I have been telling Spotify for months, that i dont like any dance/electro remixes of songs from artists i like. How much longer do i have to do this until i dont get that stuff recommended anymore? It is really annoying. I tried both disliking just the song, and whenever possible i told them i dont like the artist that made the remix. but they just keep on coming. its really frustrating.

Another thing that becomes increasingly noticeable are the instrumentals, where i cant dislike the artist because i do like them, but i am not interested in instrumentals. There should be an option to instantly disable this kind of stuff but the idea never gets enough likes for some reason.

3 Replies

Hey there @funkapella,

Thanks for reaching out to us.

To improve your suggested music, we recommend that you actively engage with the content that you enjoy. For example, adding more songs to your playlists and Liked songs.

Another important detail is making sure that you don't have the ''Private session''- feature on, when listening to your favorite tunes.

We see that you've stumbled upon our Ideas Exchange section and we can recommend that you re-post the idea there in order to get support from others. More details on how to do that can be found here.

We hope this helps. Let us know if there's anything else we can do for you. 

ElenaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Hello,

I think there is more to it than the solutions you are suggesting. I have been having the same issue with one specific artist (Steve Aoki) who for months now has been showing up in my release rader every week without fault. Every week I indicate that "I don't like Steve Aoki" yet the next week he's right there again. This week his face was even the cover photo for that playlist, it's like I'm being taunted.

I never use private mode. I have only a couple of songs that he is featured on in my liked songs and they were added years ago. His style of music is very underrepresented in the songs that I add to my library, which I do regularly add new songs to from my release radar and discover weekly.

So what is up with that, is this guy paying Spotify to be featured in these playlists? In any case I'm no longer buying that your supposedly smart algorithm has no way of knowing that I REALLY don't want to listen to Steve Aoki. Something just isn't working the way it's supposed to.

Inge

Hey @IngeSmeers!

Thanks for bringing this up with us.

We're sorry to hear this is happening to you and we'd like suggest something else that might solve this.

Could you make sure that you remove the songs that you've saved with that artist to see if that would help.

It's possible to get recommendations for an artist that you have saved music from even if the songs were saved a while ago.

Let us know if this makes any difference for you and don't hesitate to get back to us if you have any more questions.

ElenaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts