Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

How to Delete Multiple Songs from "Liked Songs" via Mac Desktop?

How to Delete Multiple Songs from "Liked Songs" via Mac Desktop?

Premium, USA, MacOS

I have a whole bunch of songs in my "Liked Songs" that I would like to remove en masse.

I have already removed the various albums, but that did not delete the actual songs from the "Liked Songs".

I have looked in the Help base and tried the recommendations such as click + shift and click + control (plus click + option, click + command, click + command + shift, and all the different combinations, including using keyboard first and then clicking), yet I cannot figure out how to select more than one song at a time.

What am I doing wrong?

Deleting them 1 by 1 will be super annoying.

Please help. Thank you!

1 Reply

Hi @travelingdina,

Thanks for posting in the Spotify Community!

One way that you can remove all the tracks by a certain artist or album in your Liked Songs is by using the “filter” feature. To filter your Liked Songs, you can click on this icon at the top-right, next to the sort options:

TreyAnastasio_0-1624655653974.png

You can then search for the name of a particular artist or album in your Liked Songs for which you’d like to remove all the tracks, such that only these relevant filtered results appear. Next, you can press the command key and the “a” key at the same time to select all the filtered results (they should now all appear highlighted), before right-clicking on the selection and choosing “Remove from your Liked Songs.”

Another method that you can try is removing multiple, individually selected songs at once from your Liked Songs. To do this, you can hold down the command key while clicking on every individual song that you’d like to remove, before right-clicking on any one of the selected songs and choosing “Remove from your Liked Songs.”

A third method that you can try is removing sections of up to 50-100 tracks from your Liked Songs, by clicking on the first song within the section that you’d like to remove and then holding down Shift while clicking on the last song in the section. Then you can right-click on the now-highlighted section of your Liked Songs and choose “Remove from your Liked Songs."

Let me know if you have any other questions, and have a good day!

AdamDamSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts