Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

How to get Spotify to match local songs with spotify songs

Solved!

How to get Spotify to match local songs with spotify songs

Hi, i'm sure this used to be possible but doesnt seem to be now. 

I want to move over to Spotify entirely however I have 2000 local tracks,  I want Spotify to recognise the local tracks and match them against tracks in the Spotify Database, so that I don't have to use my local music any more.

Obviously some tracks would not match but similar to iTunes Match i'm thinking. 

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hi @bb264, thanks for your question! Yes, at one time, this was a Spotify feature, but it has since been removed and is no longer supported at this point. I definitely can understand it being something of a hassle to have to manually locate the matching tracks, especially if working with a large collection, but I'm unaware of any workaround at the moment. You might check out this idea and add your vote/feedback if this is something you'd like to see brought back in the future.

dinomightSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Marked as solution

Hi @bb264, thanks for your question! Yes, at one time, this was a Spotify feature, but it has since been removed and is no longer supported at this point. I definitely can understand it being something of a hassle to have to manually locate the matching tracks, especially if working with a large collection, but I'm unaware of any workaround at the moment. You might check out this idea and add your vote/feedback if this is something you'd like to see brought back in the future.

dinomightSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

I'm currently creating a tool for this exact issue. I will post it later in this subreddit: https://www.reddit.com/r/truespotify/comments/emt5tx/im_currently_creating_a_windows_app_that_lets_y...

Suggested posts