Plan

Premium

Country

Italy

Device

(Macbook Pro late 2016)

Operating System

My Question or Issue

I just updated Spotify desktop and while the new design is an improvement, I cannot find a way to hide "Liked Songs" and "Local Files" from the "Playlists"  tab of my Library. 

I do not need the "Local files" one and the "Liked Songs" is in the sidebar anyway, it would be great if I could hide those and have a cleaner list of my playlists. Not sure why "Liked Songs" needs a massive tile either, see attachment.

Screenshot 2020-11-25 at 17.03.16.png
3 Replies

Hey @mirko77,

Thanks for getting in touch with us 🙂

We always strive to improve our app and the experience with it. It's possible that you might see something on the app your friend doesn’t, or get a brand-new feature for only a temporary period. You can find here more information about Spotify tests.

If you have questions, don't hesitate to reach out to us. We'll be happy to help.

Ver Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

This is not really a reply at all to the original question! Is there a way to hide liked songs on the left bar? Or not? Because what a stupid design decision if there isn't. Same with saved episodes. The tiles on the sidebar take up an enormous percent of the space and for those of us who don't use those playlists at all, its incredibly frustrating that we can't hide them, or even move them at all!! I spend so much time with Spotify, but honestly, these recent design changes that seem to reinforce the idea that users shouldn't have the autonomy to create their own design layout how they want makes me want to quit using Spotify. If they continue down this path, I may have to end my decades of Spotify membership and I'd rather not. But even Apple music looks like a better, more consumer-friendly option these days. 

I agree, this one of a gazillion steering design decisions apparently just designed to annoy and destroy the experience. Or not. But that is the amount of frustration at the current spotify ui. Is there anything good about it? So many bad things it is just horrible to use. Gah.

Suggested posts