Step 1

NEXT STEP

How to remove banner from bottom of home page

How to remove banner from bottom of home page

Plan

Free

US

iPhone 7

(iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016)

Operating System

(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)

Hello. Have the free version on my iphone7. Was listening to Mrs Obama podcasts. Now there is a banner at the bottom of the Spotify home page showing her podcast logo and contents. How do I remove this banner? Thanks for your help. Kenny

6 Replies

Hey @Kennynd, thanks for reaching out to the Community!

Could you attach a screenshot of what you're seeing exactly? Also, try restarting your device to see if that makes a difference. 

Looking out for your reply!

Billy-JSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Here's a screenshot for your viewing pleasure lol

IMG_0954.PNG

Hey @Kennynd

Thanks for the screenshot.

When you select a new song to be played, that banner on the bottom should be replaced with the new song you're playing. 

If you're idle from the app for a while, when you reopen it, it should also be removed. 

Let me know how you get on!

Billy-JSpotify Star
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

But...But...what if the banner is the last podcast episode you listened to? You finished listening to it, but it still shows up! OCD compels me to remove it! I would surmise that the "player" is always up and not removed if you are doing nothing. (?)

Hi folks,

Thanks for your posts!

The bar you're referring to displays the last played song on your device. Here's an idea about hiding this bar that you may find interesting, so feel free to +VOTE for it and share your feedback. You can also Subscribe to the thread so you won't miss any updates on the matter.

Cheers!

YordanModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Can we re-open this vote of creating a way to hide the 'Now Playing' bar....I'll personally send around to friends to get the requisite votes...the Now Playing banner is very annoying. It covers the scroll down arrow on the bar so to move down a list (eg, selecting songs from 'Liked' to put into a new playlist) you have to move the bar which has no precision whatsoever. Ironically, I can't even get rid of the 'Now Playing' bar by Not Playing anything....c'mon guys, it's like three dozen lines of code, not controversial, and basically common sense that Now Playing should at least disappear if something is not playing....

Suggested posts