Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

I can't add playlist cover art or playlist description

Solved!

I can't add playlist cover art or playlist description

I was trying to make a playlist for a friend when I noticed that the option to add a cover art and playlist description was unavailable.

Pretty sure spotify recently had an update and was wondering if they removed this option or I simply can't find it.

Thanks in advance.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey there @Mintbunni,

Thanks for reaching out about this in the Community. We're happy to shed some light on the situation.

We can see from your shared screenshots that you're on a new desktop experience we're currently testing. For now, it's not possible to edit playlist covers or descriptions with the new test version.

We understand this is not ideal, so if you'd like to be able to switch between the test version and the old design, we suggest you add your +VOTE to this idea - it's the best way to provide your feedback for new features such as this one.

Hope this info is useful. We'll be here if you need help with anything else.

XeniaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

View solution in original post

6 Replies

Hey, I have noticed that this feature is only available on a laptop or computer. So if you are trying to add a cover or description on your phone it won't work.

Yes, haha I'm aware it's strictly for the computer.

Even on my laptop though, I don't see that option.

In the screenshot below, normally, there'd be an option to edit playlist, but I don't have that.

Screenshot (40).png
Screenshot (41).png

Have you tried just hovering over the playlist cover and it should come up with a pencil to add an image and a description. I have images below to explain.

Screen Shot 2020-05-10 at 3.14.13 pm.png

Screen Shot 2020-05-10 at 3.14.23 pm.png

If this doesn't come up I am assuming you maybe haven't updated or it might just be a temporary problem I also dealt with the same thing before.

Your screenshots were what my spotify looked like about 2 days ago before it automatically updated to what I have now.
I checked my sister's laptop and her's was on the older version (because spotify has an "update now" option) so I hoped that if I logged in through her laptop it would've worked. However, when I logged in, it went to the layout on my laptop which is so strange because it's account-based.

I'm not sure how I can get the other layout. 😞

Marked as solution

Hey there @Mintbunni,

Thanks for reaching out about this in the Community. We're happy to shed some light on the situation.

We can see from your shared screenshots that you're on a new desktop experience we're currently testing. For now, it's not possible to edit playlist covers or descriptions with the new test version.

We understand this is not ideal, so if you'd like to be able to switch between the test version and the old design, we suggest you add your +VOTE to this idea - it's the best way to provide your feedback for new features such as this one.

Hope this info is useful. We'll be here if you need help with anything else.

XeniaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

trying to change my playlists cover picture on an acer chromebook, ive done this before (a few weeks ago) but am having trouble since the layout update. any advice on how i can change the picture? the pencil icon isnt on the playlist cover anymore, and when i click it all it does is zoom into the playlist cover. 

any help or ideas would be great thank you!

Suggested posts