Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

I can't find "Discover Weekly" on the "Made For You" page

Solved!

I can't find "Discover Weekly" on the "Made For You" page

Plan

Premium

Country

Portugal

Device

(iPhone 6, Laptop)

Operating System

(iOS 12, Windows 10)

My Question or Issue

When I go to the Made for You tab, I can't find the Discover Weekly playlist. There are daily mixes, artist mixes, genre mixes, decade mixes, uniquely yours, and the release radar, but no discover weekly.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hi again @Catralitos,

Thank you for your reply.

Make sure to keep listening to some music on your phone or desktop, ensuring private session is not on.

If you don't get a Discover weekly in 3-4 weeks we recommend that you reach out to our customer support.

Have a great Friday and a wonderful start of your weekend 🙂

JeremyModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

View solution in original post

15 Replies

Same but I have a new account (less than a week old). How long have you had your account for?

I have had my account for 3+ years. I used Spotify scarcely cause I had a free account, but I always had Discover Weekly.
Now I upgraded to Premium and can't find it.

Hi there @Catralitos and @PleaseFixTheApp,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community.

Can you let us know the following:

It would also be great if you can provide us a screenshot so that we can have a closer look directly from your end.

We'll keep an eye out for your reply.

Cheers!

JeremyModerator

For me it happens on both my windows pc and ios app (ios 15). Mobile app version is 8.6.62.1035

IMG_2658.jpeg

In my case it might be caused by the fact that I only registered last week (I think the 22nd), so last Monday (when daily playlists are generated iirc) my account was less than a week old.

It happens on Windows 10, on Spotify for Windows 1.1.68.632.g2b11de83, and it looks like this:

Catralitos_0-1632841322538.png

It also happens on iOS 12.5.5 on Spotify version 8.6.62.1035 and it looks like this:

image0.jpg

image1.jpg

Hi again @PleaseFixTheApp and @Catralitos,

Thank you for getting back in touch and for providing the screenshots.

It sounds like, based on what you've said that you hasn't listened to enough tracks for us to generate a Discover Weekly playlist yet. Since you're not seeing the playlist in either of your devices, the best way to go for now would be to continue listening to tracks and make sure you're not on private listening.

Keep us posted 🙂

Take care!

JeremyModerator

Thank you. I'll keep an eye on it. Btw, how much is enough? I'm at around 700 tracks per week according to last.fm

I've had discover weekly for the years I had Spotify for free. I have over 2000 liked songs, way more on my history. This seems very weird that the issue manifested itself only when I upgraded to premium.
And even if I listen to enough tracks, will I need to wait for a Monday?

Hi again @PleaseFixTheApp and @Catralitos,

Thank you for your replies.

Can you let us know what happens if you search for Discover Weekly in the app search? Does it bring up their Discover Weekly playlist or not?

We'll be on the lookout for your replies.

Take care!

JeremyModerator

It does not. There's a Discover Weekly by someone called Spotify with the correct thumbnail, but it's 750+ songs and there to trick people.
Even other people's Discover Weekly show up somehow. But not mine.
Marked as solution

Hi again @Catralitos,

Thank you for your reply.

Make sure to keep listening to some music on your phone or desktop, ensuring private session is not on.

If you don't get a Discover weekly in 3-4 weeks we recommend that you reach out to our customer support.

Have a great Friday and a wonderful start of your weekend 🙂

JeremyModerator

It just showed up, wasn't 3-4 weeks more like 1-2. Kinda dumb, but hey I got it now.

Hey @Catralitos,

We're glad to hear that!

@PleaseFixTheApp, just to clarify, the Discover Weekly playlist can take a few weeks to be generated, considering that the account was just recently created and the app needs to get used to your taste and listening habits.

If you need anything else, the Community is here for you.

Cheers 🙂

CarlosEModerator

It wasn't recently created, it's years old, I just upgraded to premium for the first time recently.

Mine eventually showed up last Friday, so it took indeed about a week and a half to appear

Suggested posts