Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

I have downloaded playlists but only some songs play when I have it set to offline mode?

I have downloaded playlists but only some songs play when I have it set to offline mode?

Plan

Free/Premium

Country

Device

(iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016)

Operating System

(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)

My Question or Issue

2 Replies

Hey there @Sueybrown

Thanks for reaching out to us about this - we'll be glad to help you out here.

When you've downloaded a playlist and can't play all of the songs properly offline you might need to get the latest version of the Spotify app with all updated features. The best way to get it is by performing a clean (more thorough) reinstall of the app - this will let you start afresh with Spotify on any device. Check out this help page in order to find the steps for clean reinstall on the affected device.

Tip: Once you’ve performed the clean reinstall you'll need to re-download your offline music and podcasts. 

In case you still experience the same after the clean reinstall, try disabling any power saving or data cleaning settings on your mobile device. Alternatively, you can try authorizing Spotify to run without restrictions despite the mentioned settings being enabled. Make sure you try this since such features can often prevent the app from operating at full capacity. 

Let us know how you get on! We'll be here in case you need any further help with this.  

My premium Spotify is not playing all the music I have downloaded, only wants to play country music and nothing else. Have tried logging out and back in as well as uninstalling and redownloading. And redownloading all my music also.

Suggested posts