Premium

Country

UK

Device

Samsung Galaxy A21s

Operating System

Android 12

My Question or Issue

I have enabled local files in settings but I can't find local files in my library. The files I want to access are all saved on the phone's SD card

3 Replies

Hey @NeilMcD,

Thank you for reaching out here in the Community.

First off, if you're using a SD card, we'd suggest that you move your Local files to a different folder in the SD card to see if that makes any difference.

It's also a good idea to try moving them to the internal storage of your device to see if the same behavior continues.

In case you're still experiencing this, we'd recommend checking Spotify's permissions in Android Settings -  make sure that the 'Photos and videos' permission is allowed.

Here you can find more info about Local Files. 

Hope this helps. If you need anything else, the Community is here for you.

LyubkaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

Hi, I've tried moving the files to another folder on the SD card, I don't have enough space internal memory to store my music files, that's why I got the SD card. The app has "Files and media" allowed in permissions, there isn't an option for 'Photos and videos'. I still can't see my local files.

Hey @NeilMcD,

Thanks for getting back to us.

We'd suggest that you try logging out and then logging back in twice in a row. This will force a sync between your device and the account. 

In case you're still unable to see your local files, you can try performing a clean reinstall of the app by following this guide. We recommend this step since it gets you the latest app version and removes corrupted data from previous installations that could be causing issues with the app's performance on your phone. 

Hope this helps. Let us know how it goes.  

LyubkaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

Suggested posts