Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

I want to know why I can’t add a song to a playlist if its already in there

Solved!

I want to know why I can’t add a song to a playlist if its already in there

So as it says, I can’t put the same song in a playlist anymore. I had two playlist which had the same song(s) in it twice because I liked i them more then a few others. But now when o try to do that, it doesn’t let me anymore and just either has the check or “this song is already in [playlist name] I’ve used Spotify for about two years and this hasn’t happened before, unless it’s something new then I might stop using it.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Barking good to see you Tbhross!

I’m sorry to hear that you’re having trouble adding the same song to a playlist on Spotify. Spotify has recently introduced a feature that prevents users from adding the same song multiple times to a single playlist when using the mobile app. This feature is designed to help keep playlists organized and prevent clutter, however, you can still add duplicate songs by using the Desktop app or the Web Player instead.

If you want to include the same song multiple times in a playlist on mobile, you can create a duplicate of the playlist and add the song to a new one. This way, you can still listen to the same song multiple times without cluttering the original playlist.

To duplicate a playlist in Spotify, follow these steps:

1. Open the playlist you want to duplicate.
  2. Tap on the three dots in the top right corner of the screen.
  3. Select "Make a Copy" from the menu that appears.
  4. Give the new playlist a name and tap "Create."

Once you have created a duplicate playlist, you can add the same song multiple times to the new playlist without any issues.

I hope this helps! If you have any other questions or concerns, please let me know and I’ll do my best to help you out.

Don't leave me in the doghouse, keep me informed!

-Prague the Dog

PragueSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Marked as solution

Barking good to see you Tbhross!

I’m sorry to hear that you’re having trouble adding the same song to a playlist on Spotify. Spotify has recently introduced a feature that prevents users from adding the same song multiple times to a single playlist when using the mobile app. This feature is designed to help keep playlists organized and prevent clutter, however, you can still add duplicate songs by using the Desktop app or the Web Player instead.

If you want to include the same song multiple times in a playlist on mobile, you can create a duplicate of the playlist and add the song to a new one. This way, you can still listen to the same song multiple times without cluttering the original playlist.

To duplicate a playlist in Spotify, follow these steps:

1. Open the playlist you want to duplicate.
  2. Tap on the three dots in the top right corner of the screen.
  3. Select "Make a Copy" from the menu that appears.
  4. Give the new playlist a name and tap "Create."

Once you have created a duplicate playlist, you can add the same song multiple times to the new playlist without any issues.

I hope this helps! If you have any other questions or concerns, please let me know and I’ll do my best to help you out.

Don't leave me in the doghouse, keep me informed!

-Prague the Dog

PragueSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts