Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

It only lets my play a handful of songs on my playlist

It only lets my play a handful of songs on my playlist

Plan

Premium

Country

Canada

Device

Samsuns23

Operating System

Android

My Question or Issue

I can only play randomly selected songs on my liked playlist and whenever I select a certain song it stops everything and nothing happens. I've uninstalled spotify to fix this once before and worked for a while. Then it happened again so i uninstalled and reinstalled, but it didn't work for very long.

1 Reply

Hey there @bowlingos,

The issue you're describing is similar to the behavior that was reported in this thread. We suggest you give a look at that post and if you notice it's the same problem, then we recommend you reply there with the info we asked for in the status update. That way, we can pass the info onto the right team.

If perhaps your issue is different, we'd suggest you perform a clean reinstall of the app on the affected device. We understand you've already tried reinstalling the app on your device, but we'd like you to perform a clean (more thorough) reinstall of the Spotify app. You can find out the steps to do it here.

If the above doesn't do the trick, then we'd like to gather some additional info. Please send us:

• The exact Spotify and OS versions you're running on your mobile phone.
  • Does this happen on other playlists or just on your Liked Songs one?
  • When you mentioned "randomly selected songs", were you referring to songs that you added to the queue? Or are you referring to using the shuffle feature?
  • Does this happen across all your devices or just on your mobile phone?

Keep us in the loop!

AlejaRModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

Suggested posts