Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Keep all downloads on new iPhone

Keep all downloads on new iPhone

Hello,

Did some searching but didn’t get a straightforward answer. I keep a lot of music downloaded on my iPhone but when I upgrade I always seem to lose it all. I understand I have to redownload all the songs I have for offline (which is annoying and I’m sure it’s Apple and Spotify not playing nice). 

And now my question! When switching to the new device as long as tell the iPhone to keep the cache/app backup does the app remember all my downloads so that I can easily pull them back down again?

Thank you!

4 Replies

Hey @mknbklyn,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and welcome.

On Spotify, all the downloads are stored in the device cache and needs to be renewed every 30 days (in case you have the offline option toggled on for that time).

When you log in to your account on a different phone, since it's a new device, the cache doesn't have the downloads stored yet. If you want to have your downloads available on the new device, you need to hit the download button.

Keep in mind that the offline files are device-specific and don't get synced online between devices.

Hope this clarifies things a bit. If you have any additional questions, don't hesitate to ask.

OscarDCModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Thanks for the reply OscarDC,

Hopefully this isn't too annoying, I have a few follow ups attempting to get a bit more context.

What I'm hearing you say above is that Spotify DOES keep track of all the tracks I've saved for 'offline' listening on my phone but the actual downloads are stored in the cache. Or is the record of each download also stored in the cache, thus I lose that on the new phone?

Is there a singular place I can start a process to re-download ALL the music I had on my previous device at once? (like kicking off a batch download of all the downloads back into cache from the other phone) Or are you saying I need to go back to each individual Artist/Album/Track and download them one at a time? (would very sad 😢)

Thanks for the help!

Hey @mknbklyn,

Thanks for getting back to us!

Currently, there is no option to restore or download all offline music that you had on your previous device with one click/button or all at once. If you'd like to keep listen to your favorite artists and tracks while offline - you'll need to re-download their songs/playlist again individually.

If you'd like to see this feature available you can submit an idea for that on the relevant idea board. We always take new ideas and feedback into consideration to improve the app. 

If you're interested in how ideas work and how your feedback reaches the right teams, check this page out. 

We also suggest checking this article for useful tips. As a heads-up, it's good to know that the higher the number of votes an idea gets, the more likely it is for the idea to be implemented!

Cheers! 

LyubkaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

obviously this should be a feature...do you really need us to suggest it for you. export import feature like 90 percent of other apps of all types have.

Suggested posts