Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

'Liked Songs' and 'Albums' don't properly sync across devices

Solved!

'Liked Songs' and 'Albums' don't properly sync across devices

In addition to that, 'Friend Activity' doesn't work as well.

If it helps, my location is Russia.

Please, don't get me wrong, but those issues are coming from Spotify itself, and not me. All users report same problems and are quite frustrated. Please don't waste your time telling about reinstalling, switching accounts, different kinds of subscriptions and other common solutions which aren't the current case.

Thank you in advance for fixing all the bugs, Spotify!

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

I found the Solution in this post View the post 

You need to download fullsetup.exe I think it will be a solution for some so just try it

"Ok guys I solved this problem by download FullSpotifySetup, this is not installer it's like full app with big size. In my case i download from this site (it's not ad) 

UPD: this link from official site http://download.spotify.com/SpotifyFullSetup.exe

"

It's an official link so as I said it worked for me I hope it will be usefull solution for all of you. 

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Marked as solution

I found the Solution in this post View the post 

You need to download fullsetup.exe I think it will be a solution for some so just try it

"Ok guys I solved this problem by download FullSpotifySetup, this is not installer it's like full app with big size. In my case i download from this site (it's not ad) 

UPD: this link from official site http://download.spotify.com/SpotifyFullSetup.exe

"

It's an official link so as I said it worked for me I hope it will be usefull solution for all of you. 

Great. Thanks. This worked for me. For the last few days my liked tracks section is empty all the time in my desktop app, adding likes in that app would leave them with the 'liked' symbol (temporarily) but the likes would not sync either to my android app, or to the web browser based player, plus likes from either of those would never appear in the desktop app. I tried all the logging out, going offline, disconnecting, installing, reinstalling, but no use. This has fixed it. I'm in Russia too, though I joined when I was in the UK.

Just to add to this. It's a temporary fix. After you close and open it it seems to have updated the software and to now not work properly again. Maybe I can stop this in the settings, but I don't want to get stuck with some old version of the software forever. I find that what I have to do every time is open spotify by using the installation file of 'spotifyfullsetup', which doesn't seem to do a full reinstall but reasonably quicky opens spotify but with the liked list, album list, recently visible and their function working across the devices, as isn't working with the standard version. I hope there's a better fix soon. Must be something lacking in a recent update causing this which that version of the install program puts back in.

I agree with you. We need an offical update or downgrade. I found this also. So until they fix this problem we need to find our way kinda. A lot of people have this problem but they do nothing for now. 

"

To stop Spotify from autoupdating and remain on a working version do the following: go to C:\Users\[username]\AppData\Local\Spotify, create there folder with the name "Update", open folder's properties -> security -> advanced -> click on any entry -> disable inheritance, delete all the entries and apply changes.

Spotify will try to create this folder on startup and won't be able to do it, so it won't be updated.

To delete it, go properties -> security -> "edit" -> "add..." -> advanced -> "find now", find your user entry or "Authenticated users" entry, press "ok" everywhere it prompts, you can now delete it."

Suggested posts