Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Listening Categories

Listening Categories

We need to be able to categorize listening. I listen to meditation at night, and children's songs in my classroom. This messes up my curated playlists and end of the year stats. I will end up having a "for you" playlist playing Tupac, Infamous Stringdusters, then suddenly a ten minute meditation and a song from the Moana soundtrack. It really makes it to where I just can't use any of the playlists. Even my morning drive playlist is all jacked up from the algorithm. If I could have a sleep, work, kids, etc... category then my main song taste won't be affected.

1 Reply

Hey @cypressga,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community. We moved your post from Ideas to the help boards as its content fits better here.

We understand the importance that your mixes contain just the music and artists you want, avoiding relaxing, meditation, or study tracks. However, we already have an option for this situation to avoid unliked music to be displayed in your mixes.

Before you start playing your Daily Drive or meditation music, go to Settings, scroll down to the Social section, and toggle on the option Private session. This option will not display what you’re listening to in your friends feed, and doesn´t include the tracks played in those sessions in the personalized playlists.

Hope this helps. If anything else comes up, don’t hesitate to ask.

OscarDCModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts