Plan

Premium

Country

Canada

Device

iPhone 11

Operating System

iOS 14.4

Songs from local files aren't showing up on my mobile device but shows up on my PC.  Both are on the same network and local files are enabled.  I have less than 10,000 downloaded songs and all the local files are in mp3.  UPnP is also enabled, there's enough storage on my phone and I tried logging out of both devices then logging back in.

9 Replies

Hey @svne,

Thanks for reaching out to us 🙂

The troubleshooting steps you've tried so far are very good. We'd like to add a few more.

Could you give these steps a go and run a clean reinstall? This one is more thorough than the usual one.

It's also a good idea to try with another network to see if there are any changes.

Keep us in the loop! We'll be right here if you have any further questions.

Ver Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

No luck!  I've tried connecting to a different network and clean reinstalled on both my pc and phone.

Hey @svne,

Thanks for keeping us in the loop.

Could you go to the settings of the Spotify app on your iPhone, scroll down to Local Files and make sure Desktop Sync / Local audio files is enabled? 

It's also a good idea to check if the app has access to your network. You can do this in your iPhone settings under Spotify.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on how you get on.

Mihail Moderator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

Local files was reenabled and in settings the loacl network was already on.  Still no luck

Hi @svne

Thanks for getting back to us. 

Just to confirm, have you already tried re-downloading the entire playlist? 

Also, keep in mind that only files or downloads from legal sources are allowed in Spotify. 

Keep us posted. 

NovyModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".

All of my local file playlists have been re-downloaded and are from legal sources.

Hi again @svne

Thanks for the info. 

Could you try adding some songs from our catalog to this playlist and let us know if you notice anything new? 

We'd also recommend making sure that ‘Show unavailable songs in playlists’ is turned on in Settings. 

Let us know how it goes.

NovyModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".

Show unavailable songs is on. Nothing seems to be working?

Hi there @svne

Thanks for getting back in touch. 

Another useful step in is to change the source folder of the local files on the pc. The steps are: Uninstall Spotify on both devices > create a new folder somewhere else on the pc and move the local files there > install Spotify again > remove any potential source folders and add the new one > download the playlist again.

Let us know how it goes!

EniModerator
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

Suggested posts