NEXT STEP

Local Files Won't Sync to Mobile

Local Files Won't Sync to Mobile

Plan

Premium

Country

United States

Device

(iPhone 8 plus and Dell Inspiron Laptop)

Operating System

(Windows 10 Home) 

My Question or Issue

I've put some local files on my computer and have followed all the steps for syncing them to Spotify Mobile, but nothing is working. I've switched them both to download, been on the same wi-fi network, created a hotspot for both my iPhone and laptop to use, and even turned off my firewall for Spotify. Does anyone have any tips that can solve this?

1 Reply

Hey there @bellamiehle,

Thank you for your post here in the Community. We're sorry to hear that you experiencing this. We're happy to help you.

Can you try the following:

• Add some songs from our catalogue to the playlist as well as the local file/s and make sure they have ‘Show unavailable songs in playlists’ turned on in Settings
  • Play some music on the device that has the local files to see if it shows via Connect on the other device
  • Make sure the router supports the Bonjour protocol. If the router is made after 2005, it will likely have this protocol. The best way to handle this is to check the router make/model and Google it

Another useful step in are to change the source folder of the local files on the pc. The steps are: Uninstall Spotify on both devices > create a new folder somewhere else on the pc and move the local files there > install Spotify again > remove any potential source folders and add the new one > download the playlist again.

Keep us posted 🙂

Cheers!

JeremyModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

Suggested posts