Local Files Won't Sync to Phone

Solved!
Highlighted

Local Files Won't Sync to Phone

Casual Listener

I have Windows 10 and an iPhone 8 Plus. 

I'm trying to finally completely cut the cord with iTunes but I'm having major difficulties syncing the local files that aren't available on Spotify to my phone. I feel like I've been through every tutorial on here and tried everything and no luck. 

I have my local songs in a playlist and they are marked as downloaded on my desktop. On my phone, connected to the same wi-fi, I opened the app and select the download feature. I can see all the songs grayed out, once I hit download, the icon spins and then turns green to mark the playlist as downloaded as if it thinks it was a job well done, while none of the songs downloaded at all. 

Here are the things I have tried:

• Logging out of both devices
  • Uninstalling and re-installing the app on both devices
  • Switching to a different Wi-Fi Network
  • Creating a personal hot-spot with my phone and connecting with that. 
  • Shouting at both my phone and my computer
  • Restarting both my phone and my computer
  • Whitelisting Spotify on my Firewall
  • Turning off my firewall completely
  • Checked that my Wi-Fi was set to Private (it was)
  • Checked that my routed was set to Upnp (it was)
  • Updating my iOS
  • Silently glaring at both my phone and my computer
  • Converting any M4A files to MP3 (I also know for sure that many of the files contain no DRM because they were recorded by my brother's high school band)
  • Moving my local files into a sub-folder in my downloads folder and having Spotify re-identify them
  • Deleting the playlist and making a new one
  • Adding local files to playlists that were already downloaded on my phone. 
  • Playing songs on my phone then using the desktop app to make the next song a local file. (This then leads to the app on my phone giving me steps, the fouth of which is that if I follow the first three the songs will appear on my phone "like magic". Spoiler alert: They don't)

I'm at my wits end, I have tried every suggestion I have found on the help page, on this forum and on Reddit and nothing seems to work at all. I'm hoping there is something I'm overlooking and that it's not a lost cause. Please, don't make me go back to iTunes for this small batch of songs. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Solution!

Re: Local Files Won't Sync to Phone

Casual Listener

I solved it! 

I tried making a personal hotspot with my iPhone again, but what I did this time that I didn't do last time was used a wired connection with the USB and turned the WiFi on my computer off. 

It works now. Hallelujah. 

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Highlighted
Solution!

Re: Local Files Won't Sync to Phone

Casual Listener

I solved it! 

I tried making a personal hotspot with my iPhone again, but what I did this time that I didn't do last time was used a wired connection with the USB and turned the WiFi on my computer off. 

It works now. Hallelujah. 

View solution in original post

SUGGESTED POSTS