Premium

Country

USA

Device

Samsung S20 Ultra

Operating System

Android 12

My Question or Issue

Hello! I have recently come across an issue that I'm unsure of how to fix and have done just about everything to try and reverse said issue. I usually have no problem adding local files to my spotify HOWEVER, just today it began to stop adding songs. I only have 294 Local Files and added 2 more today. I was able to add one new mp3 file yesterday just fine but the other 2 (which are also mp3 files, from the same source!) aren't adding to my local files. I have updated the app, cleared cache, AND checked my storage. It still doesn't work. Please help!! 😧

9 Replies

Hey there @niigoyuki777

Thanks for getting in touch about this and welcome to the Community! 

Could you let us know what exactly happens when you're trying to add those files? We'd also like to know if you're using an SD card. 

On another note, would you mind checking if you can add those specific files to your playlist on a different device? 

We'll be on the lookout.

EniModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

They just don't add to my local files folder. They show up in my regular files, but not the local files one

Also. I don't know if I use an SD Card. I don't think I do. 

As of for another device, I'm capable on PC, but not on my phone.

Hey there @niigoyuki777

Thanks for your reply. 

Could you send us a short screen recording where we can see what happens when you're trying to add them? You can attach it to your next response by using the Insert Video option in the post editor. You can also upload it to Google Drive and share the link with us (make sure the video has the permissions for anyone to see it).

Also, could you check if you remove some other files from the local files you can add these ones instead? We'd like to check if the amount of the local files has something to do with this. 

Lastly, would you mind checking how much storage space your phone has available?

We'll be on the lookout.

EniModerator

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

Yes, of course. I tried to open the one I downloaded recently and it didnt work

Also, if I delete some files, I still can't add. I tried that

I have enough storage on my phone as well

Hey there @niigoyuki777

Thanks for getting back to us. 

You mentioned that you already updated the app on your phone, but would you mind going through the steps of a clean reinstall, as it's more thorough than a common reinstall? We'd also recommend restarting the device after performing the reinstall.

If that doesn't do the trick, could you try if the same happens on a different mobile device with your account? 

Let us know how it goes. 

EniModerator

Hi there!

I did the clean reinstall prior to this, and it still didn't work 😞  I don't have another mobile device to use for this account letalone at all, so I'm unsure what to do here.

Hey @niigoyuki777,

It seems to me that the issue is specifically with the local files in question.
Does it persist if you try adding different ones? I would check by moving one of the local files that already works to a different storage location (or even a secure folder) and re-adding it after. If it plays and/ or if a new but different local file plays, there might be an issue with the specific formatting of the files you're currently having issues with.

Keep us posted!

VasilModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

I do, have an update!!

ONE of the local files songs finally showed up. just one, though. About 3 days after I downloaded the original file.

All my local files are mp3 format, and I tried to move them to different folders. They just keep not showing in my spotify local files folder :')

Thanks for the update @niigoyuki777!

Happy to hear that one of the files showed up for you.

If that's the case, would you mind confirming if you're still missing any of the new local files that you added and also try editing the metadata of the songs? Try renaming it so that there are no special characters in the title.

We'll be on the lookout 🙂

IvelinaModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts