Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

'Loved' songs that I KNOW I've 'hearted' are now not marked?

'Loved' songs that I KNOW I've 'hearted' are now not marked?

Plan: Premium

Devices: iPhone 12, MacBook Pro, all latest OS updates

So yeah, I've been noticing this more and more in recent months, but last night I realized just how bad it has gotten. I went to play The XX and then some Ratatat, two of my favorites but artists I hadn't played in recent months, only to see that NONE of the songs from either artist are Saved/Liked/Hearted any longer. I kinda dove into some other older artists I knew I had marked before, Postal Service, Caribou, on and on, only to realize just how much this has happened - as in A LOT.

I primarily use Spotify app (not web) in OSX and on iOS on iPhone, all latest updates in everything, always. I first thought it may be how Spotify used to limit your saved tracks, but I understand they no longer do.

What the **bleep** is going on? I'm one of the people that is pretty meticulous about my 'collection' and use it for creating DJ sets, playlists, etc. How do I fix this, or at least stop it from happening more?

1 Reply

Hey @gsbryant,

Thanks for reaching out.

Could you let us know if the tracks you mention are found in your liked songs, but appear as unliked on the artist page? If that's the case, this can happen when an album gets reuploaded by the distributors. If they have different metadata or URIs, the app will check backstage to link to the accurate track, but it will currently miss to transfer the liked status to the newer version. We've provided guidelines to distributors of what they can do to keep tracks fully in sync and basically overwrite old versions, but we know this is something that occurs. For now we suggest that you unlike the "old" track in the liked songs or saved album and replace it with the new one.

If on the other hand, you find that songs disappear from your playlists, it's worthwhile to secure your account. You can use the instructions in this Support Page. Don't forget to change the password for any service associated with your account, such as your email address, Facebook, or Apple. We recommend that you also have a look at all third party apps that have access to your Spotify account and remove any you don't recognize. You can learn how to do this here.  For the other ones you should update the login info as well.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on how it goes.  

Mihail Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts