Plan

Family Premium

Country

USA

Device

Samsung A20

Operating System Android

My Question or Issue 

My Artist list is missing in my library, how am I suppose to find my music if I can't look them up by artist? I have over 4k liked songs & if Spotify doesn't list my music by artist anymore & I have to go through my liked songs list to follow the artist I'm cancelling my Family Premium  & going over to Tidal!

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @honeylove810

Thanks for posting - we’re here to help!

Could you confirm if you can see the Artist section after running a clean reinstall of the Spotify app on your Samsung device? We recommend this step since it gets you the latest app version and removes corrupted data from previous installations that could be causing this issue. 

It's also a good idea to ensure no power optimization settings or data cleaning apps run active on your mobile device. Such features can often prevent the app from operating at full capacity. We also suggest accessing the app settings and making sure all Permissions are enabled for Spotify. 

Let us know how you get on! We'll be here in case you need any further help with this. 

View solution in original post

Marked as solution

Hey @johnandfay1987,

Thanks for reaching out to the Community about this. 

Can you confirm that you followed the steps that are provided by @Ivan earlier? The install there is a bit more thorough than the normal one and ensures no faulty cached data interferes with the performance of the app.

If that doesn't do it for you, could you let us your Spotify version and, if possible, if you experience this on other mobile devices?

Let us know how it goes. 

Kiril Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Marked as solution

Hey @honeylove810

Thanks for posting - we’re here to help!

Could you confirm if you can see the Artist section after running a clean reinstall of the Spotify app on your Samsung device? We recommend this step since it gets you the latest app version and removes corrupted data from previous installations that could be causing this issue. 

It's also a good idea to ensure no power optimization settings or data cleaning apps run active on your mobile device. Such features can often prevent the app from operating at full capacity. We also suggest accessing the app settings and making sure all Permissions are enabled for Spotify. 

Let us know how you get on! We'll be here in case you need any further help with this. 

Thanks Ivan that fixed it🙂!

Hey @honeylove810

Thanks for getting back to us. 

Great news! Give us a shout if you experience this again - we're always here to help.

Еnjoy your music! 

Hi, quite a bit later since above converasation but I'm having issues re lost artist list in my library???? In my library can only find, 'playlists' 'albums' 'downloaded'...but not list of artists. I've reinstalled. Nothing...any ideas?

Marked as solution

Hey @johnandfay1987,

Thanks for reaching out to the Community about this. 

Can you confirm that you followed the steps that are provided by @Ivan earlier? The install there is a bit more thorough than the normal one and ensures no faulty cached data interferes with the performance of the app.

If that doesn't do it for you, could you let us your Spotify version and, if possible, if you experience this on other mobile devices?

Let us know how it goes. 

Kiril Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts