Premium

Country

U.K.

Device

LG G7 ThinQ

Operating System

Android version 9

My Question or Issue

This has been happening a couple of times a week for the last few months, I don't know what triggers it but Spotify is deleting ALL my downloaded music. Doesn't matter if it's been saved to my phone or my SD card. I haven't changed my SD card or my phone since November 2018, I've logged out everywhere, deleted the app, reinstalled the app, unregistered my offline devices (more on that in a second) and physically deleted all data from the app from the file browser on my phone. Each time my music gets deleted, I go onto my offline devices and it seems to be duplicating my phone. Sometimes I'll have up to 5 android devices registered, despite only having one phone. I've changed my password twice as well, as I had an issue a few weeks ago where someone else was logged into my account however, these issues were happening before this incident, and it's not happened again since changing my password. This is driving me mental, I don't have great WiFi at home or at work so downloading all 2500+ songs is time consuming, not to mention that constantly having to stream music is affecting my data plan massively when I'm on the go. I'll be leaving Spotify in the new year if I can't get a solution to this.

3 Replies

Hey @Funpotato,

Thanks for reaching out to us about this, and thanks for trying out the troubleshooting steps you mentioned already.

Just to confirm, did you say that you haven't been experiencing the issue with the songs re-downloading after you changed your password?

If not, do you mind keeping an eye on the issue to see if you can spot a pattern to this behaviour? That would help us figure out exactly what's happening.

In the meantime, could you try another clean reinstall, making sure to follow the steps listed in this support article in order?

Thanks! Keep us posted 🙂

Hi there, still experiencing the issue. The only pattern I've noticed is it
always happens when my phone performs a backup. Sometimes it will happen
without my phone performing a backup though.

Hey @Funpotato - thanks for your quick reply!

Just to confirm, did you say that you haven't been experiencing the issue with the songs re-downloading after you changed your password?

Keep us posted 🙂

Suggested posts