Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

My 2019 Wrapped show an artist that I never heard

Solved!

My 2019 Wrapped show an artist that I never heard

My 2019 Wrapped show an artist that I never heard. Most of the songs played comes from this artist, but I do t even know him. 

is there any away to see stats about my account? Or devices connected with my account ? im wondering if somebody else is using my account. 

Thanks 

80 Replies

This one happened to me, too. I don't even know "this rigid empire" or "placeholder text"

No, I don't leave spotify playing for long periods of time, nor do I share my account with someone.

I thought this was someone hacking on my account, but I see this is not an isolated problem. I'd love to have an answer to this.

Based on my decade playlist it would seem it is being calculated based on everyone in my family plan. Doesn't seem to happen on the 2019 wrapped.

me too! somehow a guy named Frankie Muela made it to the number 3 spot of my most played artists and I've never heard of him before. I can't find any history except 6 of his songs in my 2019 playlist and that he was one of my most played artists in the spring. I'm so confused

Me too, I supposedly listened to 2 hours of an artist which I've never heard of ("Caught in joy") and - based on the clips played while I was watching - don't even like.

I also have this issue. Apparently I listened to 60 hours of Frank Sinatra and Pitbull when both are a bit out of my normal genre... What happened here??

Same 😞 my top song is something I wouldn’t have listened to, and another top song I’ve never heard of. I don’t share my account with anyone nor leave it running. I managed to find the top song plays in last.fm and it’s clearly nonsense - if I had left something accidentally running surely there’d be a play every few minutes, but it’s sporadic? And how can I even listen to the same song 3 times all at 06:02 in the morning?

F1236B85-B588-4CA6-BAAB-9CE2FC17C74F.png

Same here. There is a song call "Attitude" by Fekky which I have never heard on my favorite list. I'm really worried that if someone is using my account!?

Found the other weird song - I’ve never heard of this before. It’s impossible to have listened it multiple times at the same time - it must be hacked??

049C75F7-C86E-488C-B5BF-8A581E90459C.png

I don't have any artists I haven't heard of but songs in it I only listened to a couple of times while it's completely missing ones I literally listened to dozens and dozens of time - my actual favourites!!

This exact same problem is happening to me. My 4th most streamed artist is someone I've never heard of, but his songs appear in my first 7 top songs (all 7 are incorrect and I have never streamed or listened to before). It's annoying, I've had to make a new playlist with all the correct songs but my stats are all busted so I can't share them on social media.

Yep same here - my top song for 2019 is Hungarian Rhapsody by Franz Liszt.  I don't listen to much classical music and I don't know that tune at all.

I'm having this problem too.

It seems that on summer, it was registered a great number of listens to three songs that I never listened to.

Those pieces of music showed as my 3 top songs of the year, what is strange, and even stranger that only those 3 songs were dissonant to my common music habits and it seems they were only played in the summer, even so winning in plays to songs that I listened the entire year, sometimes in repeat.

Is there any way to reanalyze my play count? Or analyze why there are songs that I never played? It seems to be affecting a lot of people.

I am convinced that my account was hacked or compromised between March-May (because that's where the foreign album art of songs I've never listened to shows in the little wrapped animations) and Spotify never alerted me to this, hence why my Wrapped is filled with songs I've never listened to. This is shocking - plus radio silence on Spotify's end since I've asked questions about security.

I didn't pay $22 a month and get my parents to join Spotify for this 😠 

I believe my account got compromised for a few days throwing off the data a bit this fall, but wrapped 2019 has by far been the least representative of my listening so far. Even the few songs I was familiar with shouldn't have cracked top 50. Disappointing.

The decade thing was cool though.

God Bless Last.fm for their accurate data. 

Kristina Frazier-Henry

The nice thing about last.fm is that you can choose which dates to look at what music you scrobbled. I’ve only had Spotify so...next excuse in the differences is???? 

Kristina Frazier-Henry

I have the same issue. First song is an artist I've never heard of. The 99 other songs are all to my taste. Very strange.

1. Do you share your account with anyone else?
    -> No
  2. Do you often leave Spotify playing in the background (and not noticing what's currently playing)?
    -> No, not when I can't hear it, and the particular song (ie genre) I would surely have skipped immediate! (my music conscious and the data analyst in me would never permit songs like this to poison my stats, I'm even cautious with playing music for my kids)
  3. Have you ever left your account available at a party/gathering, so people can add tracks to play?
    -> Yes few times with friends, but I'm always present at these parties and in control of the playlist, besides I listen music too frequent to have songs this way enter even my top 1000!

I’m curious though: Was it a primary/foreign key **bleep**up? Or does Spotify get paid by record companies to stuff a song in here and there?

It's not an error that playlist is customised to your own music just like Release Radar and Discover Weekly. It has a lot of followers because everyone uses those playlists but they are always specific to you...hence "For You"

Wrong, this thread is about the error related to "your top songs 2019", hence the most played songs by an individual in 2019.

Suggested posts