NEXT STEP

My Library - Artists I Follow

My Library - Artists I Follow

Family

Premium

United States

iPhone XR

iOS10

I have found that whenever I go to My Library and then My Artists and select an artist, I see all the songs I have saved of this artist. However, on my family members' phones if I do the same thing and select an artist, it takes me to the artist profile, not the saved songs. 

A. Is there a reason that this would be different on different devices using the same plan?

B. Is there a way to change this so that it always shows saved songs, not the artist profile?

Thanks!

Eric

2 Replies

Hey @ericfayeulle16,

Thanks for reaching out about this here in the Community.

The artists you follow with your Spotify account (and the songs from these artists that you saved and are featured in your Liked) are specific to your own account and won't be mirrored in the other Family plan members' accounts.

To further clarify, although there are options to combine the music that you and the other members of your Family plan listen to (like the Family Mix), following artists and adding songs to the Liked playlist are actions which will only affect the user/account performing them. 

Hope you'll find this info useful. Let us know if there's anything else we can help with.

Have a nice day!

Mario Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Hey Mario,

Thank you for the quick response.

To clarify, my question was not about the fact that my library and the libraries of my family members were different. The question is in regards to the way the app functions.

When I go into my library -> artists -> The Strokes (for example) - I am taken to a list of all the songs by The Strokes that I have saved (or liked) to my library.

When another family uses their device and goes library -> artists -> The Beatles (another example) - it does not show the songs by the Beatles that they have saved or liked, but it instead takes them directly to The Beatles artist profile containing all of the music by the Beatles.

So the question is why going to artists produces different results and if there is a way to choose which path it takes you on.

Thanks again for your help.

Best,

Eric

Suggested posts