Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

My Spotify playlist keeps adding songs from different playlists/saying old songs are newly added

My Spotify playlist keeps adding songs from different playlists/saying old songs are newly added

Plan

Premium

Country

USA

Device

Laptop/iPhone

Operating System

Windows 10/iOS 14

My Question or Issue

I've been using Spotify for years now, but recently I've been having issues with it where songs from playlists I've made just get randomly added to a completely different one, so it throws me off when I'm listening to my rock and roll playlist and some pop song from a different playlist starts playing. I'm also having an issue where songs I added years ago into my playlist are labeled as "being added 4 days ago" I'm genuinely confused as to what spotify is doing with my playlists.

I attached an image showing what I mean, all of those songs were added at the same time...

Capture.PNG
3 Replies

Hey there @M4doesstuff,

Thank you for your post here in the Community.

Can you perform a clean reinstall of the app? This will make sure there's no old cache files causing this.

Also - does this occur on one specific device or multiple devices?

We'll keep an eye out for your reply.

Cheers!

JeremyModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

Hi! Thanks for responding, I’ve reinstalled the app multiple times before and this continue to happens. It also happens on multiple devices and not just one of them

Hey @M4doesstuff

Thanks for getting back to us. 

If you can observe this across multiple devices this means that the issue you experience might be related to your Spotify account. 

In this case we recommend logging in to a different Spotify account on the same device just to check if this still occurs. You can ask a friend or family member to do it for you or create a test account. 

If it works with another account, you can follow the steps in this Spotify Answer next.

Keep us posted! We'll be here if you have any questions. 

Suggested posts