Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Mystery Songs & Playlists Being Generated with the For Me part of the app.

Mystery Songs & Playlists Being Generated with the For Me part of the app.

Plan - Free/Premium

Country - United States

Device - Dell G3 3579

Operating System - Windows 11 Professional 22H2

My Question or Issue:

While on one hand I guess I understand having ads play for artists/bands/etc that have zero relevance to any algorithm tracking my listening habits - I'm guessing they're just folks out their paying blindly to have folks listen to their music.  Eh, so whatever, I'm able to zone out for a few seconds until the nightmare passes and then I' good to go again.

However, what's been happening for a few months here is driving me crazy - and - today literally took the cake.  Under Made For You down in Your Niche Mixes it had the following: Bhajan Mix.  I've got no clue in the least what that is.  I had to Google it.  From Wikipedia: "Bhajan refers to any devotional song with a religious theme or spiritual ideas, specifically among Indian religions, in any language"  Are you kidding me?  How on Earth does that find its way into anything I'm listening to?  You've tried to sneak Indian artists into my Moody Mix & Chill Mix, ruining them, and causing me to have to create a new playlist devoid of those songs I'll never to - ever.

My top genres, eh?

• 4 Weeks: EBM, Futurepop, Aggrotech, Alternative Rock, Industrial Metal, Rock, Industrial Rock, Alternative Metal, Nu Metal, Electro-Industrial
  • 6 Months: Rock, Permanent Wave, Alternative Rock, New Wave, Alternative Metal, Post-Grunge, Nu Metal, Industrial Metal, Industrial Rock, UK Post-Punk
  • All Time: Rock, Industrial Metal, EBM, Futurepop, Alternative Rock, Permanent Wave, New Wave, Aggrotech, Industrial Rock

So how on this great big ball we call home did I end up with a Made For You with a Bhajan mix?  Seriously?  Is there anyway to prevent this sort of music from "magically" appears in various Made For You playlists or now apparently even as a complete playlist?

I know for some this is a miniscule problem as they deal with a myriad of issues, but seeing the Bhajan Mix listed there blew my mind and I had to post about it.  Is there anyway to fix the AI running this stuff to keep things copacetic and without any of the religious/spiritual songs I've got less than zero interest in hearing?  Thank you and keep the great work up otherwise! 

0 Replies

Suggested posts