Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

No more playlist or folders

No more playlist or folders

Hi:

One year ago I stop being able to add more songs to a playlist which almost reaches the 10.000  tracks (9956). I supposed that this was a Spotify limitation, so I started a new playlist. But now I found that I can't add more playlists or folders to my account, and there is no way to solve this, except creating a new account. Is there any limitation in the number of playlist and folders into one account? Is there anyway to workaround this issue without using a new account?

Thanks.  

9 Replies

Hey @zamorano400, thanks for reaching out to the Community!

Could you let me know what happens when you try to add another playlist? Also, the limit is 10,000 songs is for every playlist. 

Keep me posted. 

Billy-JSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Hi Billy:

When I try to add a new playlist or folder the procees is as always, but when I finished the adding process the screen refresh and then the playlist or the folder disappears. No other messages or warnings are displayed. When I'm trying to add the folder or the playlist inside a parent folder I can see for a while the playlist or the folder in the content view of the parent folder (screen right), but after the screen refreshing they are gone!

Regards.

Hey @zamorano400

Thanks for trying those steps! Could you try a clean reinstall of the app here?

Let me know how this goes. 

Billy-JSpotify Star
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Hi Billy-J:

This is a new installation. The same happens on my laptop and also in my work PC.

I think this this is a limit problem, because I just have deleted over 50 playlits and now I can again add new playlists and folders.

For those who can cares, I start thinking about Spotify has too much limitations for the price we pay monthly. Please Spotify guys, think about it. Also another big problem is the poor perfomance Spotify has when you has too many contents. I expect much more from the best music tool ever!

Hi @zamorano400

Thanks for getting back to us. 

We appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback with us and will make sure to pass it onto the right team, as we always strive to improve your experience.

Additionally, could you let us know if you've experienced any other issues that might have been caused by the song limit in Your Library?

Keep us posted. We'll be on the lookout for your reply.

NovyModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Hi Novy:
The problem I'm currently having is with playlist and folder limit, not songs limit. I have a lot of problems using Spotify, all of then related with local performance. Everyday when I start to use Spotify things runs aceptably taking into account the great quantity of songs, play-lists and folders I have. But after one or two hours of using Spotify turns irresponsive for long time periods. Simply changing to a new playlist or trying to reorder a playlist may took more than 1 minute (1 clock minute!), and duing that period the song zone of the screen don't show anything. Another negative effect I have seen is a very slow screen load when trying to scroll down a long playlist: literally you can see one by one how the screen is populated with the songs. It is not a device problem (serveral diferent, modern and powerfull desktops and laptops show the same behaviour), and also it is not a network problem. All devices have SSD disks, but I suspect that it is a problem with local cache handle when it grow too much. Deleting the cache makes things go fine for one or teo days, but after that again the same problems araise.
Thanks for you interest and help.

Hi @zamorano400,

Thanks for getting back in touch and letting us know that.

Having a very large number of playlists and folders can have an impact on the app's performance as you're describing. 

However, once again thanks for the feedback – we appreciate it! We always aim to improve, so we’ll get this passed on to the right team.

If you need anything else, let us know!

EniModerator

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

OK. Thak you Eni. But what about the imposibility to add more folders or playlists to my account??? This is the main problem...

Hey @zamorano400

Thanks for you reply. 

Keep in mind that having a large amount of playlists with a complicated folder / subfolder structure can also lead to issues when the app is trying to synch with our servers.

One workaround would be to delete some of the playlists and folders. In the meantime, as @Eni posted, we've passed your feedback to the relevant team.

We recommend that you keep the app always up to date with the latest version, as we're constantly striving to improve and introduce different improvements and features.

Hope this info is useful. Let us know if there's anything else we can help with.

Mihail Moderator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts