Free

Country

USA

Device

HP laptop

Operating System

Windows 11

My Question or Issue

When I try to reorder playlists, it does not give me the option to custom sort them. This issue is on web browser and desktop app. Also, when I create a new playlist, it sorts by the most recent ones created and I have no option to custom sort them (see attachment). When I make a new playlist, it also appears as the first playlist on my profile. For example, I want Playlist A to appear first on my profile, but then I make Playlist B and I cannot move Playlist B under Playlist A. In the screenshot where I have a new playlist, I cannot move it underneath the old ones.

image.png
image.png

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey there, welcome to the Spotify Community!

I understand that you are trying to custom-order your library playlists. I have attached a screen recording of the same.

You can pick the playlist tab from the library and then see the sorting menu. When your playlist tab is not selected the sorting options are for all the items. When you pick a playlist, the custom order option is as before.

AmayySpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Marked as solution

Hey there, welcome to the Spotify Community!

I understand that you are trying to custom-order your library playlists. I have attached a screen recording of the same.

You can pick the playlist tab from the library and then see the sorting menu. When your playlist tab is not selected the sorting options are for all the items. When you pick a playlist, the custom order option is as before.

AmayySpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Have been a Spotify user for almost 10 years and always enjoyed the UI. But in a recent update they changed the sidebar and I found myself struggling how to navigate through my own playlists.

Your screen recording made clear how it should be done, Amayy ... which feels a bit weird, to have to "enable" it via the selection of the Playlists.

Kinda hope they will revert these changes 😀

my spotify desktop doesn’t look like that with the playlists on the left, only thing on the left is home, search and your library and then 3/4 of the bottom half taking over by the music playing, the rest of the screen is everything else, even when clicking playlists then by you then custom order there’s no opinion from there to edit anyhing and even when clicking and holding to drag the playlist details pop up middle bottom of screen with playlists details about download pin delete share and show spotify code. 

Thanks so much. This worked for me, although definitely still a very weird place for this option to be

Suggested posts