Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Not able to create a playlist from a Daily Mix

Not able to create a playlist from a Daily Mix

Hello there,

Although I really enjoy the Daily Mix feature from the beginning, but recently I realised that I can not create a playlist form them anymore. As far as I understand if I like/save (not sure about the meaning of the heart icon) the mix will be only saved as a dynamic playlist, such as Release Radar and Discover Weekly, but won't keep the actual set of song at that point of time.

My use case: as my mood changes with the seasons I switch between genres and albums and these mixes are adapting pretty well. Many times there's a fine selection of new songs I'd like to keep and explore the new artists and albums, but of course they are always changing as time goes by, not just the songs but also the whole genre of the given mix. That's why I saved them as a 'static' playlist, and revisited them on a regular basis, sometimes I create a new genre or mood playlist and also extend them with new songs. 

Not sure when this feature was removed (or moved or was changed) but I could not find any way to Save as a Playlist, so not just subscribing the playlist but actually save the songs and have a customisable playlist.

I really hope I just missed something out and this feature is there somewhere. 

5 Replies

Hey, hope you're doing well. Just wanted to let you know that the Daily Mix feature gets updated at Spotify's end, and hence it doesn't stay static and changes everyday based on you listening activity. Even if you follow it, it will still keep on changing music. 

It had a save to new playlist option couple of years back, wherein you could save all the songs directly to a new playlist, but now Spotify has removed it. So you only get follow the playlist, and save songs individually. 

I hope I could help out. If there's anything else you'd like me to help you with, please feel free to text back. 

If you found this helpful, I'd be glad if could you mark this as a solution.

Thanks and cheers!

Have a great day ahead

There's a way at least in the desktop  app, where you open the Daily mix playlist you want to save and select all songs using CTRL+A. Then when you right click on the selection you get the 'Save to playlist' option where you can create a new playlist or add the selection to a current playlistSelect all songs using CTRL+ASelect all songs using CTRL+ARIght  click on selectionRIght click on selectionAdd songs to a current playlist or create a new oneAdd songs to a current playlist or create a new one

Hope this helps🙂

Wow, nice, that's a cheap workaround, thank you very much!! 🙌

Thank you!! This really helped me!

Spotify finally had a Daily Mix that was just PERFECT for me, and I wanted to save it somehow. This works great.

Hi there folks,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community. We just came across this thread.

It's really nice to see that everything works as it should for you 🙂

Let us know if there's anything else we can help you with.

Take care!

JeremyModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

Suggested posts