Local Files STILL not Downloading

Plan

Premium

Country

Canada

Device

Samsung Galaxy & Microsoft Laptop

My Question or Issue

I made a topic months back about this same issue and tried all the solutions provided for zero results, so I gave up then. Now I am deciding to give it another shot with my new laptop. 

So, my issue is that a select few of my local files will download in a downloaded playlist, but the others won't. The few that do number around three songs for seemingly no reason and follow no pattern. For the ones that won't, when I add them to the playlists and download them, then check them in offline mode, they'll appeared greyed out and unplayable until I get to the Local Files part of My Library where they will appear playable but not downloaded. I have repeatedly cleared cache files, repeatedly uninstalled, restarted, and all of that, but have come up with the same results: the same problem unchanged.

despitealltheupdatesitsstillbroken.pngThe picture shows what I'm talking about pretty well.

5 Replies

Hey @the-qwib-qwib,

Thanks for posting 🙂

Could you check if the same issue occurs with another account? That way we can see if this is an account or a device-related issue.

If you're using an SD card, can you check if anything changes if you remove it, reinstall the app and then try running the app without it?

In case that doesn't make a difference, it's also a good idea to try with another network.

Keep in mind that only files or downloads from legal sources are allowed on Spotify.

Let us know how it goes.

Ver Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

I can't check if it's an account related issue because I can't make a new account with premium to check.

I am not using an SD card because the issue is on my laptop where everything is on my hard drive.

I have tried switching between my home internet's two connections but got no results, and it is the only network I have access to.

This is even happening to songs that I have downloaded straight from the artist's provided source.

Hey @the-qwib-qwib,

Thanks for the reply and the clarification.

We'd recommend performing a clean reinstall of the app on your laptop, following this Guide. Since the regulard downloads don't work as expected as well.

You can also clear Spotify local files cache, as described here

Keep us posted on how you get on.

AlexModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

I've performed a clean reinstall of the app and cleared the cache, but still can't download my local files. 

Hi @the-qwib-qwib,

Thank you for your reply and confirmation.

Another useful step is to change the source folder of the local files on the pc. The steps are: Uninstall Spotify on both devices > create a new folder somewhere else on the pc and move the local files there > install Spotify again > remove any potential source folders and add the new one > download the playlist again.

If that doesn't do the trick, we recommend that you contact our customer support here and ask them to remove any potential corrupt device.

Keep us posted.

Take care!

JeremyModerator
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

Suggested posts