Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Offline downloads keep getting deleted

Offline downloads keep getting deleted

• Hello, I would like help regarding the downloaded songs in my library, as well as playlists and albums/podcasts.

Plan

Premium

Country

Mexico

Device

iPhone 11

Operating System

iOS 13.3.1

My Question or Issue

For a few weeks now, I open the app, as I always do and literally all the songs I have downloaded to my library have been deleted, so I can’t listen to them while I am offline. This is just so annoying, as I need to wait pretty much overnight for my almost 3000 songs to download again. It is just too much of a hassle and it has been happening quite frequently lately.

I mostly use Spotify for driving to school, as it is a 3+ hour-long commute and I like to keep my songs downloaded so I don’t use up all my data.

I only have this problem on my phone, and every other device I own does not present the same problem. 

259AA4C9-4988-45E9-86CC-8859D27D9D84.png
1 Reply

Hey there @sageshadow

Thanks for reaching out to the Community about this. 

Just to confirm, have you tried a clean reinstall of the Spotify app on your iPhone? We recommend this step as it'll remove the old drivers first and then install the new ones. It'll also get you the latest version of Spotify. These changes tend to solve issues like the one you're experiencing. Give your device a quick restart as well before you open the newly installed app. 

We also suggest checking this help page. You'll find useful tips on how to troubleshoot your storage location.  

However, if this issue doesn't occur on a different device, we'd suggest making sure that your original device is up to speed with any software updates available.

Hope this helps. Let us know how it goes.

Suggested posts