Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

One local file does not sync to desktop app

Solved!

One local file does not sync to desktop app

I have a small local library of 3 songs. Two of them sync to Spotify and one does not.

The file that won't sync is MP3 format and 4.1 MB. There are no special characters in the file name. I've tried renaming the file, moving the file to a new location (and updating my settings in Spotify), restarting the application, restarting my computer, and clearing the Spotify Offline Content folder (as recommended by an external source) -- nothing seems to work.

I don't think it's a problem with the settings because the other two files sync fine. Is there a reason a single file wouldn't sync?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @sconaso,

Thanks for posting in the Community!

This is odd indeed, however there could be some issue with the actual file itself, like the encoding or its metadata. Make sure that the file isn't DRM (Digital Rights Management) protected. If you have iTunes, you can check for DRM protected tracks by following these steps.

One other thing we can think of is to try and rename the file once again, but also try changing its additional metadata (ID tags etc.) to see if this will make any difference. If nothing helps you can see more troubleshooting tips regarding Local files in this FAQ article here.

Hope you find this useful. Keep us posted if you have any questions.

Kiril Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Marked as solution

Hey @sconaso,

Thanks for posting in the Community!

This is odd indeed, however there could be some issue with the actual file itself, like the encoding or its metadata. Make sure that the file isn't DRM (Digital Rights Management) protected. If you have iTunes, you can check for DRM protected tracks by following these steps.

One other thing we can think of is to try and rename the file once again, but also try changing its additional metadata (ID tags etc.) to see if this will make any difference. If nothing helps you can see more troubleshooting tips regarding Local files in this FAQ article here.

Hope you find this useful. Keep us posted if you have any questions.

Kiril Moderator

Thanks Kiril! I couldn't open the file in iTunes and realized the file was corrupt. Thanks for your help!

Hey again @sconaso,

Thanks for your prompt reply.

I'm happy that you've found the reason for the issue with your local file 🙂

Stay safe and if you have other questions or need anything else, the Community is here for you!

Kiril Moderator

Suggested posts