Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Personal playlist automatically "enhanced" every time it's launched - How to make it stay disabled?

Personal playlist automatically "enhanced" every time it's launched - How to make it stay disabled?

Plan

Premium

Country

TH

Device

Huawei P30

Operating System

Android 10 > EMUI 11

My Question or Issue

After I updated the app a short while back, I saw the "enhance" button and tried it once out of curiosity. Turns out, not a big fan of this feature, plus there's a recommended song section already if I wanted to check out what the algo has to offer...

So naturally I tapped the button again to turn it off. However, after that one time I clicked the enhance button, this one playlist now enhances itself automatically every time I open it. So every single time, I give in to having to turn off this feature manually and silently curse Spotify for force-enhancing my playlist.

The most frustrating part? I couldn't find a forever-off toggle for this feature anywhere in the settings! ...How can I turn off "Enhance" FOREVER?

If this is a bug, I'd like to get it reported and fixed asap.

Thanks guys.

26 Replies

Hey @honeylemongin,

Thanks for reaching out on the Community!

This indeed is an odd behavior of the Enhance playlist feature. We couldn't reproduce this behavior on our end, so it'd be very helpful for our investigation if you can send us a short screen recording of the situation. Also, could you share the version of the Spotify app you currently have on.

It's worthwhile restarting the app twice in a row as well, to see if this makes a difference. This may sound odd but it's how the app does a refresh and could clear potential cache-related issues.

Hope this helps. Let us know how you get on.

Kiril Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

I am having the same issue. I put my phone on airplane mode for a trip and i could not listen to my liked music and it refused to let me turn off enhanced which led me to listen to nothing on the airplane. Please fix this bug

We are having the exact same problem and we can’t listen to music because enhance keeps turning itself on.

Hey folks,

Thanks for your replies and for the info shared.

@Paulybro, we suggest you log out and log in twice onto your Spotify account; this way the system will force a resync of your account. If that doesn't do the trick, we recommend to perform a clean reinstall of the app to see if you notice any difference. You can so it by following the steps in this article.

If the above doesn't do the trick, can you send us a video recording of what you are seeing on your side? You can attach it in your next reply in mp4 format, or you can also upload it to YouTube or Google drive and make it public, so we can visualize it.

@Paulybro, the enhance feature works when you're connected to the internet. Since you mentioned you activated the airplane mode, can you send us a video recording of that behavior when you were offline? 

Folks, would you mind sending us the make/model and OS of your devices along with the Spotify version you have running?

Keep us in the loop!

AlejaRModerator

I have the same issue as the others. Whenever I exit Spotify for more than a few minutes or if I clear the app, the enhanced feature automatically toggles on. I have tried logging out and in as well as reinstalling the app but neither have helped. My version is 8.7.84 and I have attached a short screen recording in the link below. 

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1wUoNjcmXszVFurfYl-oR_ybMnW19IEZ5/view?usp=drivesdk

Any advice would be appreciated

If it helps, I’m using an iPhone XR on 16.1.1

Hey there @AKeely

Thanks for reaching out about this and for the video you've sent. 

Just to confirm, is this only happening with your Liked songs playlist or with other playlists too? Also, we'd like to know if you've followed these exact steps to reinstall the app. 

On another note, would you mind asking a friend or a relative to log in to their account on your phone to see if the issue persists with a different account?

Keep us posted.

EniModerator
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

Hi, 

Thank you for your reply. Yes I tried following those steps you’ve attached but the problem persists. I have taken a look at my other playlists but it only seems to be my liked songs that are affected. I’ll have someone else log onto my phone once we get the chance and I’ll give an update once we test it. 

Hey @AKeely,

Thanks for the update. Let us know how that went.

If the issue is persistent with a different account as well, we'll be glad to relay the findings to our tech team.

Keep us posted,

Cheers!

DianModerator

Hi,

I also have this issue. iPhone 14 Pro, i02 16.1.1, spotify up-to-date. I've signed in and out twice. Deleted and reinstalled. Enhanced automatically turns on for Liked Songs only.

W

Hey @brewerw,

Thanks for sending over this info.

Would it be possible to check if the same happens on a different device?

Keep us posted.

MihailYModerator
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Same thing here. iPhone pro max 12, Spotify up to date. Not a big deal, just a little annoying 

Hey @MihailY

It isn't happening on desktop, just my iPhone. Still happening. It's frustrating because if I go offline, I can't access my liked songs because the enhanced feature locks the out.

Thanks for your help with this.

@all 

I had the same issue and got seriously frustrated to the point I attempted to stop using Enhance all together which wasn't really an option as it kept defaulting back to on... I contacted Spotify Support. Here was the instructions I received and IT FIXED the issue along with another issue that prevented me from queuing songs by swiping right on an enhanced playlist. 

Steps to fix: 

The issue could be in the app CACHE itself.
It's a clean reinstall of the app with the following steps.

All your playlists including your Liked Songs list will remain intact, even if you do a clean reinstall. They're simply linked to your Spotify account in the system.

You'll just need to redownload the ones, that were downloaded for offline listening before.

Here are the steps, please follow each step carefully:

iOS devices:

1. Open Spotify. In the app's settings (you can access them by going to Home and then tapping the gear icon in the top right corner), tap Storage then Delete Cache.

2. Head to your device's Settings, then tap General.

3. Tap iPhone Storage.

4. Select Spotify from the list of apps.

5. Tap Offload the app and confirm. This will delete the app but its documents data will be kept.

6. Then tap Delete App and confirm. This action should delete any leftover documents and data.

7. Once the app is deleted, press and hold the Side/Top button and either volume button until the power off slider appears.

8. Drag the slider to turn your device completely off.

9. After your device turns off, wait a couple of minutes.

10. Press and hold the Top (or Side) button again until the display turns on.

11. Switch your device back on and install Spotify from the App Store.

Looks like this is the ticket. Big thanks, @jaymillhouse!

I have this same issue. Logged out and in. Driving me nuts. 

How did you fix this? I am having the exact same issue. I tried logging out multiple times and deleting and re-downloading the app. 

many thanks! 

This fixed my issue! thank you so much!

I have got the same issue

Suggested posts