Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Played song is not synchronizing with 2nd device

Played song is not synchronizing with 2nd device

Plan

Premium

Country

Austria

Device

Samsung Galaxy S20 & Desktop PC

Operating System

Android 13 (One UI 5.1) & Windows 10

My Question or Issue

I currently have to problem that only the last 150 songs I currently play, which I've added to my favourite list, are synchronized with my 2nd device (and vice versa).

Maybe I didn't pay attention before, but I am almost certain that this wasn't always the case.

As soon as I start song 151 in my list, it's not showing up on my 2nd device. It's pretty annoying when you play a song on the desktop and want to continue on the mobile phone after leaving the house.

I've also tried to play a song on the desktop, and while playing I switched the device to my mobile phone. Nothing happened! It still played the song on my desktop.

Both devices have the same amount of songs in the list. I've already cleared the caches, re-installed both Apps (computer and phone), tried to install an older version, changed the sorting in the fav. list, etc.

Both operation systems are up to date. The problem started 4 or 5 days ago and I was hoping that a new update would fix it, but without success.

Would be happy if someone has an idea or could help with my problem. Or maybe I am wrong and it was always like that.

Thank you in advance!

Marc

3 Replies

Hi there @NoDayWithoutMusic,

Thanks for reaching out. Have you performed clean reinstalls on both devices as shown here? If you haven't followed all the steps, please do so. Additionally, check if the same behaviour happens on different networks and if possible, log in using a different account to see if that one syncs properly. You can use the account of someone you know or just make one yourself.

Let us know how it goes.

JoanModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Hi Joan,

thank you for your reply! I've tried a clean installation but it didn't work either.

I've also downloaded the version 1.2.23.1125 but when I run the installation, it always installs the latest version.

There are a few guides to install an older version, but none did help....at least for Windows.

However, I just found a workaround. I created a new playlist and copied all songs from the favourite playlist.

Now every song is synchronized when I play them from the new list.

Still strange though!

Hey @NoDayWithoutMusic,

Thanks for keeping us in the loop!

Happy to hear that copying the tracks did the trick for you and that it's now working 🙂 

Should you encounter the same issue again, just let us know.

The Community is here for you should anything else come to mind!

MariaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts