Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Playlist Edits Lost when you Close the App / Disappearing Playlist Edits

Playlist Edits Lost when you Close the App / Disappearing Playlist Edits

Plan: Premium

Version: Spotify for macOS (Apple Silicon) 1.1.72.439.gc253025e, Spotify for iPhone 8.6.78.419, unsure of Windows Desktop version

Device: Macbook Air 2020, iPhone 12 Pro, Windows Desktop

Operating System: macOS Big Sur 11.6, iPhone 14.8.1, Windows 10

Issue: First noticed behavior Sunday 11/14/21. Playlists across devices are losing edits and seem to be reverting back to old versions of the playlist. On Sunday morning 11/14/21 I noticed several songs I thought I'd added on Friday to an existing playlist weren't there anymore. I edited this pre-existing playlist on my Mac for a class Sunday morning, taught the class using my Mac, but later that day the playlist reverted back to what appears to be a cached version of it in a previous state. It removed some songs I'd added, added some songs back that I'd removed, and reordered them. I uninstalled Spotify / reinstalled, ensured I wasn't missing any updates, logged out and back in, still had the issue with that playlist.

I created a brand new playlist for Monday, was able to create everything fine on Mac and Add to my Profile. When I got to the studio to teach I used the studio's Windows Desktop version to access the studio Spotify account like normal, and my playlist did show on my profile, but again, it was a random older version of it and didn't have any of the changes I could still see present on my Mac (which I had with me). I rebuilt my playlist on the studio's account / Windows Desktop, and taught class. After class, I uninstalled and reinstalled the Windows Desktop version, but I still only saw the older version of my original playlist on my profile - and now, the playlist I had created on the fly at the studio, and just taught with, only had one song in it. I then checked my Mac wondering if the original Monday playlist was still okay there, and unfortunately I see there now too the Monday playlist is the old version I was seeing from the Windows Desktop version on the studio's account. 

It seems the revert happens when you close the app, like it's not saving the edits from your session.

4 Replies

Same problem 😞 please help!!!!

Hey folks, 

Thanks for reaching out about this.

@kerriechamberlain, can you clarify what you mean by Studio account? Also, can you confirm that this is happening even when your apps are in Online mode. And is it happening with any playlist, or just particular ones.

@Yan38, it would be great if you share some more info, like on which devices this is happening and if it's happening on any playlist.

We'll be on the lookout for your replies.

AlexModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Hi Alex,

All instructors for the brand I teach for make playlists on their personal Spotify accounts (I use this account on the Mac and iPhone I referenced) and then make public/publish to profile to access from the studios where we teach. Each studio has its own premium account and that’s what it is logged into there (the windows desktop I referenced). You are then pulling up your profile and playing your playlist at the studio, from the studios account.

Yes it occurs in Online mode.

All edits I made to any playlists Sunday and Monday in the Spotify app on my Mac were not retained. I am wondering if having local files is a factor (something we do in almost every playlist), so I built a new playlist last night without any locals and using the web/browser version of Spotify. So far that one is stable today.

Hey @kerriechamberlain,

Thanks for the clarification.

Your situation could very well be related to this Ongoing Issue regarding local files, causing issues with playlists syncing.

The right teams at Spotify were made aware of this and some users report that this is now fixed for them. Could you try restarting your apps and try to sync some playlists between your devices? You should be able to include local files as well.

Keep us posted.

AlexModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts