Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Playlist Radio is being removed from the context menu

Playlist Radio is being removed from the context menu

In March 2023, we're removing the Playlist Radio option from the playlist context menu. We'd like to hear your thoughts and feedback about this change in the comments.

Captura 1.PNG  Captura 2.PNG

FAQ 

Are we removing the whole radio feature?

No, we are only removing Playlist Radio. Track/artist and album radios will still be available.

Do we have features where users can have a similar experience?

Yes, right now we have the enhance button or the recently rolled out smart shuffle to give recommendations based on user-created playlists.

EniModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp
Top Answer
1,026 Replies

I love and need this feature back again! It was my go-to way to get a good mix of a playlist with some new interesting songs. Why would Spotify remove it? Please bring back the feature, otherwise I do not see a reason why I and I guess many other users should keep their Premium subscription when they remove essential features to us.

Please bring this feature back to us! It was one of my favourite tools as well to discover new music while also having songs on the run that I know and love. I really need this feature back. Thank you a lot!

i do not agree with removing the radio option, i know that the radio option could be better, there have been many times i get tired of the same songs being put in the radio but the alternatives are not better. The smart shuffle will be using the songs you already have in your playlist with every couple of songs will have a new songs similar to the other ones in the playlist; which works well but i am looking to get new songs, not songs in my playlist. If you can only play the songs added in the smart shuffle to a playlist, that would be better, it will have a similar experience that 'go to playlist radio' had.

I exclusively used this feature on mobile to discover new music of a similar feel to what I already like; the removal of this feature has me already beginning shop for altrnatives to spotify and getting me closer to cancelling my paid subscription.

Also you lied about not ahowing ads to paid users; I constantly see 'suggestions' modals to buy the family plan, with no way to turn this off; it's an advert, just admit it.

Just another example how you guys stopped caring about your users, their ux needs, and only care about marketing; emberassing.

This x yes.

This is awful! That was one of my favorite features!

I also used this feature every day and it is pretty much the reason I chose Spotify as a way of finding new music based on

my playlists.

This was a GREAT feature that really WORKED. Why remove it???

If there’s another music streaming service that had this feature, I’ll certainly be considering porting all my playlists there and leaving Spotify.

Why was this removed? It was my favorite feature. 

Try not to remove universally loved features for literally no reason for 5 minutes challenge (impossible!!!!!) 

Please bring back Playlist Radio. It's the feature i ike most in Spotfy. You just can't remove it.

About ads - they also show ads like "donate this" to paid users, which also ads.

Please bring the function back, I used this more often than any other function on Spotify. I used to create small playlists with songs of different genres and then start the playlist radio in order to receive a nice mix with new stuff to discover. This is no longer possible with only the Song and Artist Radio and I have the feeling this no longer works well with the new smart shuffle, you get less new songs with it, and the interaction with it is clunky and confusing.

Hi,

I have been a Spotify premium user for more years than I can remember. The Playlist Radio option has always been one of the main draws of this app, for myself, my friends, and my family. It gives us access to new previously unheard songs, based on our own playlist choices, rather than a more narrow single song radio option... or 'recommended' playlists from Spotify, both of which are limited in their eclectic mixture of music and introduction to new music. The 'Smart Shuffle' option alternative is no-where-near as good, and is mostly unclear in how it actually works! This is a bizarre choice from the company - Why remove the option, what purpose does it serve us as customers? -  this choice may well push people to question the subscription fee and move them closer to BBC Sounds or other music apps. 

Spotify please explain: what is the benefit to customers of removing this option? 

Best, 

Mark

Smart Shuffle is not a like-for-like replacement of Playlist Radio. It’s nice to have the radio option to dip out of the playlist whilst still finding music with a similar vibe which can be added to the playlist if desired. I don’t like that Smart Shuffle and Enhance add things into my playlists. Please bring it back! 

The point of Playlist Radio is (or was, I just found out after searching around as you did not bother telling me despite being a Premium user) that I could go into any playlist no matter who created it and then listen to "radio" based on that playlist.  Smart Shuffle only works on playlists I create myself (I do not have any as that is not why I subscribed to Spotify).  My company pays for Spotify for one reason only: so whilst working I can listen to endless music based on a playlist I like without having to spend time creating my own playlist.  It seems that Song Radio still exists (why would I want to listen to up to 12 hours of music based on one song?) so why can't you just put Playlist Radio back?  If I created my own playlist, presumably I could have used Playlist Radio for that playlist, so how is Smart Shuffle better?  

Also, why would you just make this change (un-announced) and ask people afterwards what they think- did you ask anyone before you changed it?!?).  It is LITERALLY the ONLY feature I am bothered about and the whole reason why I justified (note: past-tense) paying you money for Premium.

I hate that the playlist radio function was removed. That was the only way I found new music. What a shame. I couldn’t imagine an advantage to removing this function. 

It’s not the same.

Hi!

I use the latest version of Spotify für Android. Before a used an quite old Version. Now I recognise that in the context menu of a playlist there ist no "Playlist Radio" option. I found some old posts from 2019 where users complain about that this function has been removed. Is it still not back or does my app not work correctly? Is there now an alternate way to generate a playlist radio?

In the Windows App the option is still available...

Are you crazy?

I just thought my app had a bug. Now I read this.

That is the only function I nearly use every day. The only way to get in contact with new songs and artists...

Playlist radio must come back!

Please don't. I use it all the time

It's how I've naturally come across copious amounts of songs that are now part of my liked songs collection

A lot of things are great about the app, and I feel that function is underappreciated, but there is at least one person that really loves it

Please don't remove it, please

Thanks if anyone read this 

Have a great day/night

Suggested posts