Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Playlist deleted songs keep reappearing

Playlist deleted songs keep reappearing

Plan: Premium

Device: Android/Windows

My Question or Issue

I've been trying to delete songs from a collaborative playlist (that besically only I hear) but the songs keep reappearing automatically after a split of a second.

I've tried both offline and online from cellphone, tablet, computer app and browser and it happens exactly the same in all of them (so it is not an issue of reinstalling/updating an app or about logging off and on)

Any solutoions found for this problem? Thanks!

9 Replies

Hey @carods,

Thanks for posting in the Community.

Does the issue happen only on one collaborative playlist you're listening to or multiple playlists?

Are you the creator of the playlist?

Do other members of the playlist also experience the same issue?

Could you try removing the songs with another account invited as a collaborator?

Keep us posted,

Cheers!

DianModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

I am also having this issue on collaborative playlists where I am not the creator. The issue occurs on both the mobile (android) and desktop (mac) app for me. I can remove songs from my own playlists, just not collaborative ones.

Hey @mackacular,

Thanks for sharing your experience.

Does this also happen to other members of the collaborative playlist and is this issue occurring on only one collaborative playlist?

A video of the described process would help us a lot in trying to recreate the issue.

We'd also need you to try and reproduce the issue with a different account in the meantime.

Keep us posted,

Cheers!

DianModerator

It occurs on all collaborative playlists. Here's a video.

Hey @mackacular,

Thanks for the video.

We understand now where the issue is coming from.

In the old version of a collaborative playlist functionality only the creator of the playlist is able to remove a song added by other members and only the person, who added the song, is able to remove it.

In the new version of the collaborative playlist functionality everyone can edit the playlist (add or remove all the songs), if they get an invitation from the creator of the playlist. More on that here.

Hope this helps,

Cheers!

DianModerator

Thank you all so much! It happens to me exactly as in the video. Now I understand.

It was a playlist made for my birthday and it has 3 songs I can't stand. I guess I'll just hide them for myself.

Have a good day!

Will this functionality be fixed then or is the only solution to create a new playlist?

Hey @mackacular,

Thanks for your reply in this thread 🙂

Keep in mind that there have been some changes to the way that playlists are made collaborative. Even though we’re aware that playlists (that were already collaborative before the change) might behave like before and our team is working on it, we can't confirm a date for a fix.

That being said, at the moment you can either create a new playlist and invite collaborators, or open the playlist settings > Turn off  the Collaborative playlist option and only add users via the Invite Collaborators option.

Note: The Collaborative Playlist option isn't available anymore for new playlists. 

Hope this clears things up. If you have any questions or need anything else, the Community is here for you.

JulianModerator

If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

Please can you advise when the fix for the 'Invite Collaborators' bug will be fixed? When creating new playlists, the option to send a link to invite people is there, but as others have mentioned, the recipient gets a message saying "the user has removed this playlist from spotify"!

We really need this option back & fixed urgently! Spotify is a lesser user experience without it. Thanks!

Suggested posts