Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Playlist folders are no longer showing on mobile device.

Playlist folders are no longer showing on mobile device.

Plan

Premium

Country

USA

Device

Galaxy Note 9

Operating System

Windows 10 & Android

My Question or Issue

My playlist folders, that have been showing until a few weeks ago, stopped showing on my mobile phone app and I am missing allot of work in playlist organization, they are still showing on my Desktop.  II thought it was a sync issue but only my folders are missing, along with the playlists that are in them on my Mobile phone only. 

Did Spotify stop supporting folders on mobile devices?  I know this was an issue back in 2012.

6 Replies

Hello @wesgarrison

Thank you for reaching out here in the Community!

To see if it helps with the folders issue, I'd recommend performing clean reinstall of your Spotify app. It's different than regular reinstallation.
Just find the type of your mobile device in this article and follow the steps provided there.

Let me know how it goes! 

I performed the clean installed as directed.  Cleared Cache & Data, Uninstalled, Rebooted, reinstalled and still folders are not showing in Playlists.

Hi @wesgarrison

Thanks for giving it a try!

Please make sure you're logged in to the right account. It's possible to have more that one or that you have an account connected to Facebook. 

When you're sure it's the same account as on your desktop, you can set the order on your mobile to Custom Order, so it reflects the one from your desktop: 

• go to your Library, 
  • go to the list you’d like to filter (t.ex. Playlists), 
  • pull the screen down, 
  • choose Filter, 
  • choose Custom order. 

SearchFilter.gif

What I can suggest next is to check if the phone's firmware is up to date and since it's an Android phone, you should also make sure there aren't any problems with the SD card (if you are using one).

For good measure, you can make sure the desktop app is up to date using the clear reinstall steps and that it's not causing any synchronization issues. 

If it's possible, you could try logging in to another mobile device and check if the playlist folders appear there correctly, to see if it could be an account-related issue. 

You can also check if you have any of those playlists available to recover. However, that shouldn't be the case, since you're able to see them on your desktop. 

Let me know how it goes! 

Same issue here. Looks like all music Folders are missing on mobile hence, all of my music is missing.  

Hello @imsjry

Thanks for replying in this thread! 

Could you follow the steps I provided in my previous comment, if you haven't already?

Let me know if the issue persists after that! 

I had same issue. I create some folders and playlists on my pc,  in browser Spotify app, but in my mobile phone I cant see it. I solve this problem. I delete my memory cache in settings and now it is allright. (sorry for my english, not native speaker)

Suggested posts