Step 1

NEXT STEP

Playlists greyed out when driving but not with wi-fi

Playlists greyed out when driving but not with wi-fi

Plan

Free/Premium

Country

Device

(iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016)

Operating System

(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)

My Question or Issue

Hello, so when I drive my playlists all go grey. I can not play any song in any of the playlists. However if I press the green play button random songs are played in that playlist but I have no control over what order. If I fast forward instead of play while a song is playing it will again pick random songs until I reach the desired track. All of these issues disappear when I am using wifi. This is a new problem, usually I could stream songs in the car with no problem.

Thanks

3 Replies

I have the same issues. When using wifi I have no problem but using cellular data I can’t choose which songs to play from playlists. 

223EB602-6ECB-4D52-9A27-427AE5E4243D.png

Same issue. Please fix Spotify, it’s been three days. All songs blacked out when off Wifi. Press shuffle and it randomly plays songs. Very frustrating not being able to choose songs from your playlists. 

Hey folks,

Thanks for reaching out to us in the Community.

Our best tech folks are aware of this and are currently working on a fix. Restarting the app did the trick for many users who has this issue, could you try it as well?

In case the issue is still present, make sure to perform a clean reinstall of the app.

Keep us in the loop.

Cheers!

Mario Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts