Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Public playlists I created since August 2021 are not visible to me nor to anyone

Solved!

Public playlists I created since August 2021 are not visible to me nor to anyone

Hi,

Altough all my playlists are public, the playlists I've created since August 2021 (there are 6 of them) are not visible at the Public Playlists section on my profile page. No one can find them, including me.

Why does it happen?

thanks

Marcelo

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hi @MarceloNegromonte,

Thanks for posting in the Spotify Community, and welcome! 

Can you let me know if you’ve tried selecting Add to profile via the three-dots icon at the top of each of these 6 public playlists, in order to display them on your Spotify profile?

I mention this step because last year, the “Make Public/Make Secret” playlist privacy command  was renamed “Add to profile/Remove from profile.” You can select “Add to profile” so that a public playlist will appear on your Spotify profile, or “Remove from profile” so that the public playlist won’t appear on your Spotify profile.

I look forward to your reply, and let me know if you have any other questions.

Have a good day!

AdamDamSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Marked as solution

Hi @MarceloNegromonte,

Thanks for posting in the Spotify Community, and welcome! 

Can you let me know if you’ve tried selecting Add to profile via the three-dots icon at the top of each of these 6 public playlists, in order to display them on your Spotify profile?

I mention this step because last year, the “Make Public/Make Secret” playlist privacy command  was renamed “Add to profile/Remove from profile.” You can select “Add to profile” so that a public playlist will appear on your Spotify profile, or “Remove from profile” so that the public playlist won’t appear on your Spotify profile.

I look forward to your reply, and let me know if you have any other questions.

Have a good day!

AdamDamSpotify Star

Thanks, that worked. 

So, now (or since last year)  I have to select "Add to profile" to every playlist I create so it will appear on my profile, right? Do you know how do I make this option default?

best!

Hi @MarceloNegromonte,

Thank you for your reply, and apologies for responding so late; I just noticed your post in this thread.

In case you’re still curious about this question, there is indeed a setting to automatically add new playlists you create to your Spotify profile. Note that you'll need the desktop app to access this setting; however, the default that you choose will apply to all devices you use Spotify on.

To do so, you can follow the steps provided in this support article about playlist privacy: 

1. Open the desktop app and go to Settings
  2. Under Social, switch on “Publish my new playlists on my profile.”

Let me know if you have any other questions, and have a good day!

AdamDamSpotify Star

Suggested posts