Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Random skipping songs in my playlist like I don't have premium, and I DO!

Random skipping songs in my playlist like I don't have premium, and I DO!

I have this issue for some time right now. When I play music from some playlist/album the queue gets messed up. Spotify plays the songs in some random shuffled order. It's not following the order that's been set up by default.
9 Replies

Hello there, welcome to the community 😄

Perhaps you can try playing the first song in the playlist then you turn off shuffle and see if it persists. 

Another thing, if there were some songs in the queue from a previous streaming session, they could affect current listening so it's best to clear the queue, play the first track then turn off shuffle if need be. 

If this isn't helping, can you provide additional details on your next reply.

Like device make/model and Spotify version currently running. 

Take care ❤

TaylithSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Hello, thanks for replying!

Well, the problem is not that simple. I know what you want to say with the shuffle button and with the queue but none of that is helping because the playlist I started was with shuffle turned off (and I do not use shuffle ever tbh) and there is no other song in my queue from anytime before.

When I start a playlist the first few songs go in the correct order but then it just starts randomly playing songs from the same playlist but from different place. 

Also another thing I captured while the random shuffle thing is going on is that the whole playlist changes. It becomes like a new playlist and all of that happens without me touching anything. I am here just an observer.

The whole things happens on various different devices like my PC, my laptop, my mobile... 

My mobile is Pocophone F3. Laptop is Lenovo Legion. 
Spotify version: 8.8.8.548

Anything new about this? :S

I recorded the weird behavior on the video. I hope you will see it from here.

I came to "Miracle maker" on the playlist and until that song everything was fine but after that one the song order went crazy. It skipped to some song that wasn't even on the list as you can see me scrolling to find it somewhere down. 

You can also see there is no shuffle turned on.

Here is the screencast of me switching songs and showing how it goes from something on the playlist to something totally off. My queue is clear also.

Hey @strikanbruno , I apologize for the delayed response.

Could you help out by checking out a few things:

• Make sure your Play Queue is cleared before playing music. You can clear it by clicking the Queue button > Clear queue. This option should be available on both of your devices. I'm aware you have already tried this.
  • Make sure that enhance is switched off. This button will appear on top of your playlist. If it's turned on (green) it will automatically add similar songs to your playlist. And switching it off should remove the recommendations.
  • Make sure Shuffle is turned off after starting the playlist.

I hope we'll resolve this soon enough. Thank you.
TaylithSpotify Star
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

I told you already that I checked all those things.

My play queue is cleared, enhance is switched off and the shuffle is also turned off. And I'm still experiencing same problems. 

😢

Maybe there is enhance turned on in some background of the app or something because I do not have the button anywhere on the playlist. It's all clear but I saw that sometimes he plays songs that are not even on the playlist.
But once again, enhance isn't turned on.

Hey @strikanbruno,

Thanks for getting back to us.

Is it possible to send us a higher-quality video of how things look on your end since this one is barely visible? If the file size is too big, you can try uploading it on YouTube or Google Drive. Once we've checked what happens, we can investigate further.

Cheers,

MihailYModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts