Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Spotify adds random songs to my ”Liked Songs” playlist

Spotify adds random songs to my ”Liked Songs” playlist

Plan

Premium

Country

Romania

Device

Samsung phone & personal computer

Operating System

Android & Windows 10

My Issue:

Spotify keeps adding random songs to my ”Liked Songs” playlist.

What does this mean? My ”Liked Songs” playlist contains all kind of songs I don't know anything about. These aren't songs I accidentally liked. These aren't songs I recognize. Furthermore, I hate most of these songs.

Nobody else has access to my Spotify account or to the devices I use Spotify on. Two apps have access to it though - one is Spotify's Web Player, the other is Shazam.

The songs I search using Shazam go to a special playlist. Also, the app doesn't automatically like them for me.

This has been an ongoing issue for me. At first, I thought maybe I wasn't paying attention and accidentally liked these songs. I unliked everything I didn't like.

Then it happened again. I thought that maybe, just maybe, I don't understand how the ”Liked Songs” playlists works.

Now it happened again. It's very annoying. I was trying to enjoy some time off listening to music I like, and instead I woke up having to remove awful songs from my playlist.

I hate this. It is annoying and time-consuming. I also don't know how to stop it or prevent it from happening. It also affects my Release Radar and Discover Daily - two playlists containing almost nothing I enjoy listening.

44 Replies

I have the same issue. Every it’s not random songs that are added to my liked songs though it’s always Jessie murph. Every time she brings out a new album it’s added to the top of my liked songs. I’ve never even listened to her music. And every couple months after I delete them all a new set of songs by her is added again. I’ve tried blocking her, didn’t work. I tried logging out and logging in again. Enhance isn’t on for me either. 

Its been happening to me since I started using the app. I bought premium, but didnt use the app for months. when I finally remembered i had it, I logged in and there were over 100 liked songs. I just deleted the entire liked folder. So now every month I have to delete anywhere from 10 - 30 liked songs Ive never heard of in my life. My Spotify IS NOT compromised. As I have changed my password many times.  My brother and my Daughter have the same issue. I think its some internal programming to push certain Music. As I have noticed on most Message boards that the pushed Music is similar Genre as what I'm getting... 

Plan

Premium

Country

germany

Device

(iPhone 13 Pro)

Operating System

(iOS)

My Question or Issue

I addet one song of this artist to my list and now every **bleep**ing song this guy posts gets addet automatically. I already blocked his account and it still **bleep**ing happens.

Hello everybody! I have a question, some random songs added to my library from unknown by me author. Just opened app and noticed that whole album by unknown author added to my library. It is not the first time already with exactly this author.

Plan

Free/Premium

Country

Device

IPhone 13 PRO

Operating System

IOS 18

Here you can see how it looks like. I was not adding this author and his songs

IMG_9027.png

Suggested posts