Premium

Country

England

Device

iPhone 8, HP Pavilion 

Operating System

iOS 10, Windows 10

My Question or Issue

My Release Radar is not updating, on phone or on my laptop. Discovery is still working just fine, but for a while now, no new songs have been added to Release Radar. Uninstalling and installing again has not worked. 

18 Replies

Hey @Illjolras,

Thanks for reaching out about this here in the Community. 

First up, we'd recommend logging out and then logging back in two times in a row on your phone. It sounds a bit odd, but it forces a sync between the account and your device. 

If the issue persists after your next Release Radar, we'd recommend performing a clean reinstall of the app. You've mentioned that you've already reinstalled the app, but this one is more thorough than the usual one. 

Keep us posted on how it goes.

EniModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

Hi there! I just tried both of these solutions on both devices and unfortunately, no dice.

Hi there @Illjolras,

Thank you for your reply and confirmation.

For now, we suggest that you wait until the next release radar that usually updates every Friday.

It's also a good idea to expand your music library by following more artist. That way you'll give the algorithm a boost. Keep in mind that it might take up to couple of weeks for the changes to take affect.

Let us know how everything goes 🙂

Take care!

JeremyModerator
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

Hi! I listen to a lot of new music so doubt that is the root cause. No update occurred again!

Hi again @Illjolras,

Thank you for getting back in touch with us.

Can you let us know if this occurs on one specific device or multiple devices?

Keep us posted 🙂

Cheers!

JeremyModerator
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

Both!

Hey @Illjolras,

Thanks for the reply.

These playlists update automatically based on your listening activity and they can't be manually updated.

What you can do is listen to more music via the Search option and make sure that Private Session is switched off. 

We've received reports from other users about this as well, and we've passed your feedback to the right teams at Spotify.

Keep us posted on how you get on.

AlexModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Hi Jeremy and others here,

It's the middle of Friday and my Release Radar content still says 'added 7 days ago'. This morning I saw the new content but now it's gone, fell back to last week 😞  It's everywhere: iPhone app, Mac Desktop App, online open.spotify as well. I've had this reoccurring for several times now. Hoping for help, thanks.

(I tried the suggested double logout + reinstall, to no avail)

Hey @rave14210,

Thank you for joining the thread!
Could you please take another look when you see this and let us know if the issue still persists?
If it's still there, we'd like to ask you for a screenshot so that we can take a closer look into this 🙂
Many thanks!

VasilModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Oops, it was Thursday when I wrote all that! Of course the Release Radar
didn't show new content yet. So silly hahaha. I was a bit over-worked thus
disoriented. All was working as it should yesterday, on the real Friday 😉
Thanks for reaching ou Vasil!

Still not update here for 2/24 either!

What is going on!?

Same problem here. Release Radar hasn't update for 2 weeks. Tried the steps you suggested but nothing is fixed. 

I’m having the same issue. Release radar has now not updated for 4 weeks. I listen to a variety of new music all the time and search new artists. Have deleted and reinstalled the app 

The same with my account - no updates for several weeks… done everything… Spotify please provide a solution!

I have the same problem. Why can i not read this? Acces is denied, i am premium User Germany

Am i Wrong here? Release Radar doesn't update on Fridays. Any Help?

Same here! 

Now it works. No action was necessary.

Suggested posts