Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Release Radar Doesn't Update on Devices

Release Radar Doesn't Update on Devices

Plan

Premium

Country

USA

Device

(iPhone 12, Macbook Pro 2021)

Operating System

(Mac OS, iOS)

My Question or Issue

Hi, release radar isn't updating on my apps (either phone or laptop). I've deleted the app on both devices and reinstalled. No change. Logged out twice on both devices, no change. BUT it does update on the web player... so something isn't syncing specifically with the devices. Are there lingering files on the device that aren't getting cleared when I uninstall?

58 Replies

Plan

Premium

Country

United States

Device

iPhone 12pro and Macbook Pro 

My Question or Issue

Every time I load up my Release Radar playlist the song order randomly changes. I listen to Release Radar religiously and add songs to my playlists like a boss. But since last week the songs have started shuffling everytime I load it. I have them both set to custom order but each time I load the playlist the songs suddenly move and change order. This is getting very frustrating and needs to STOP. 

I've been having this issue the past few weeks as well! Super frustrating trying to check out new music only to have the playlist completely messed with as I'm listening. Adding/removing songs, shuffling the order all around, clogging it up with half the songs from the previous week's playlist...

Is this a bug/glitch, or is Spotify doing this on purpose?

I've been having this issue lately as well, in fact it just happened to me! In fact some songs changed entirely and there are some that aren't there anymore. So weird.

Hey folks,

Thanks for reaching out and letting us know!

Is this happening exclusively with Release Radar or with the other Made for you playlists (for example Daily Mix) as well? Are you experiencing this on both desktop and mobile? What about the Web Player? Are you connected to Bluetooth when the song order shuffles? 

Could you send us a screen recording of how it looks like and what's happening with the playlist on your end so that we can have a closer look? If the file is too large to attach, you can upload it to Google Drive (make sure to allow general access to the file) or as an unlisted YouTube video.

It'd also be great if you can share the Spotify version your device is running so that we can double-check if it's the latest one.

Looking forward to your reply.

ElenaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Related, my release radar will only play on shuffle today even though it is not set to shuffle. It even seems to be playing songs that aren't on the playlist. I've cleared the cache and at one point went in and cleared the play queue which had a bunch of songs on it I didn't queue up. But it still only plays on shuffle.

I have the same issue. My release radar playlist shuffles songs and even picks next one from outside the playlist. Haven’t come across this with any other.

edit: just noticed I randomly can’t click a song in the release radar. The first one didn’t work, had to click the next song

I'm seeing this behavior as well where when I enter the playlist it's in a different order than it previously was. This reshuffling has happened probably 3 times since Friday.

Hey folks,

We're unable to reproduce this behavior on our end. Could you provide the info requested by @Elena above? This will help us get a closer look and investigate further.

If you haven't already, try performing a clean reinstall of the app - this will rule out any issues with cache and ensure you're running the latest version of Spotify.

We'll be on the lookout for your replies.

YordanModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".

Plan

Premium

Country

Norway

Device

iPhone15

Operating System

iOS 17.6.1

My Question or Issue

My Release radar on iPhone is not the same as in web.

The one on web seems to be the correct one. The Release radar on iPhone has a lot of songs from last week for example.

Also on the iPhone I see one playlist picture for the Relase radar on the "overview page" but the picture changes when going in on the playlist. The picture on the overview page seems to be the correct one.

I have logged in and out of spotify on the phone many times now and that has not helped.

Plan

Premium

Country

NL

Device

(iPhone 15P & Dell latitude 5520)

Operating System

(iOS 17.5.1 & Windows 11)

My Question or Issue

I have logged in with the same account on both my iPhone spotify app as the web app on my laptop. However, the release radar playlist is different on both devices. Some same songs, but also completely different ones. Difference is not just the order, but completely different. How so? 🙂

Having a similar issue on my Android phone. On the web version I get a normal and totally new Release Radar, but on my phone a percentage of the tracks are being recycled from previous weeks. It might be a syncing issue, but I also tried logging in and out multiple times and reinstalling the app.

I'm having this issue as well and am curious if some extra detail may help. I'm having this issue ONLY with Release Radar - other "Made for you" playlists don't suffer. In addition, this happens ONLY when I'm casting to a Google speaker. If I stop the cast, the playlist goes through in normal order. If I cast again, it shuffles each song.

I can also confirm this isn't an issue with a single app - I reproduced the same issue using both an Android phone and a Windows device, completely separate apps.

As for what it looks like when it happens, its simple. The playlist has its defined order, and when the next song plays, rather than being the next in the list, its a completely different song in the list (and sometimes a song that doesn't even display).

Hope this helps!

Hi folks,

Thanks for reaching out!

Can you let us know when the last Release Radar update you noticed in the app was? Have you clicked on "Hide song" for any of the songs, which are not syncing?

It'd be great if you can share screenshots from the updated and not updated playlist in the mobile app and Web Player so that we can have a closer look. Can you also send over the version your mobile app is running? That'd be very much appreciated!

Keep us posted.

DessiModerator

Yeah, same problem for me. Songs in the Release Radar playlist are shuffled, or even songs outside of the playlist will be played.

It does not happen in other 'for you' playlists. And as the user above me commented, for me it also only happens when I stream to my external Sonos speakers. If I switch back to my device (laptop or phone), the playlist will play in the right order again.

I hope Spotify will look better into this problem. I mostly listen to Release radar via my Sonos speakers.

Hi,

Version 8.9.64.456 on iPhone here. 

I did not hide any songs. 

I am not sure if this Friday 16 August was the first time release radar did not update. I think there were some issues the week before too, like seeing some of the same songs as the week before. 
Also now I am not sure that the list is completely the same as the week before. Can be that some songs have changed. 
However, if you look at the two attached images you see that the picture for the list is not the same in the overview as when I go in to the list. So in the overview the pic is updated but in the list the pic is the same as last week. That seems sort of like a hint to me that something strange is happening. 

I don’t have access to a computer right now but can add image from web later. In web John Lennon pic was on the list all places in Spotify web. 

IMG_2854.png
IMG_2853.png

Hm, today actually the Release Radar on web app is the same as on phone! 
It was not on Friday.

But I still mean that playlist is wrong, because cover pic is John Lennon but none of his songs is included in the list.

And also many songs are not new - they are the same as the week before. Perhaps all songs are the same - I just don't remember.

I also know that there are new releases available for artists I follow and listen to a lot that are not included in the release radar list.

Hey everyone,

Thanks for reaching out about this in the Community and making us aware of this issue.

In order to look into this further with the relevant team, let us know the following info:

- Your device info (make/model) and OS version

- Exact Spotify version

Also, and if possible; could any of you record a short video where we can take a better look? You can attach it to your next response by using the Insert Video option in the post editor. You can also upload it to YouTube or Google Drive and share the link with us (make sure the video has the permissions for anyone to see it).

We'll be on the lookout.

OscarDCModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

Thank you for your reaction, hope this helps:

OnePlus 8T with OxygenOS 14: KB2003_14.0.0.601(EX01)

Spotify version 8.9.66.543

I also uploaded a video of the problem to my Google Drive.

Songs later in the playlist do not even play when pressed, which is also visible in the video.

Thanks for the info @1213869880.

I recommend checking the Date added section on the desktop app / Web Player to see when the playlist was last updated. Also, make sure that you've set the same sort order across all devices to avoid any discrepancies.

As for the playlist's cover art being different, could you check if it's the same on the desktop app and the Web Player? If it is, I'd suggest waiting out the next update on Friday to see if it would refresh.

Cheers 🤘

YordanModerator

Suggested posts