Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Release Radar not working? Whats the benefit of following an artist?

Release Radar not working? Whats the benefit of following an artist?

Hi Community. I wanted to ask what should be the benefits in following an artist? 

I ask this, because until today I thought, when I follow an artist, his/her new music will appear in my release radar. 

I didn't follow an artist until today, so I am not sure if my thought is correct (when I like a song I usually add it to my library or playlist).

I am a musician and just released a song. The song is a collaboration between me and a very famous artist. We are both the primary artist on the song, each artist name is connected to the correct Spotify profile.

He has around 250k followers and we both thought, that all his followers would get the song onto release radar. 

This didn't happen. So I just thought, why I should follow an artist? What's the benefit of it?

2 Replies

Hey there @RS85,

Thanks for reaching out to the Community and welcome!

Following an artist gives you easier and faster access to their content and the content you saved from them in Your Library. Also, it helps you discover new of their music on the Release Radar playlist and you can receive notifications about new releases.

However, since the song you mentioned is by two different artists, the recommendations in the Release Radar may not work in the same way. No worries though, in this case we suggest reaching out to our Artist Support team here as they're the right folks to explain how that works 🙂

If you need anything else, the Community is here for you.

Cheers!

CarlosEModerator

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

Thanks Carlos, I am in contact with the customer service. Unfortunately, there are always "new people" from the customer servicer answering to our issue and therefore it's hard to solve it 😕 I hope we can get a helpful answer

Suggested posts